PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the Times.

wetibbe
09-15-2013, 05:42 AM
SOS has gradually fallen into the doldrums with fewer and fewer participants/ posters.

You're not alone.

I suspended participation in a few other patriot sites going back a few years due to some hostility and problems. Apparently the word got around. They must visit back and forth.

Recently, in the past few days, I re-registered and logged in to some that were major players and found that their activity too has fallen significantly. The few posters who originate a thread do not have any respondents in the majority of cases.

Further, here in the East the "Minutemen", patriot groups have essentially lapsed into inactivity, disbanded, retired, took down their websites and no longer have and further enthusiasm, interest or steam. There is only a small handful left and even they are lackluster and sporadic.

I should imagine that it is due to several factors. Burnout. Spinning the wheels while going backwards. Political losses while the left, liberal progressive anarchists and reconquista's surge ahead gaining more and more ground. The battle is being methodically lost step by step.

I found that where the internet interest is booming is such sites as "Accurate Reloading", a hunting website. It has 135 on line at a time on it's forum. And the Microsoft Windows 8 website forum.

Peoples interest lays elsewhere. Not in illegal immigration, any more.

Ayatollahgondola
09-15-2013, 06:34 AM
People are quite well still interested in illegal immigration. They feel other mediums get them more respect or coverage on the issue. Facebook is awash in people posting about illegal's issues. SOS is not here for the popularity of the issue though. We are here as an advocacy organization, and I've stated this many times, we are like a church. We service our cause and our constituency regardless of what goes on elsewhere.
If there wasn't interest in illegal immigration, there'd already be an amnesty in law. The resistance has been one of the major factors that has prevented that. That resistance is the result of all the work that orgs like SOS, ALIPAC, Minutemen, FAIR, NumbersUSA, and so on, put into this effort in previous years.

What we're doing is working. You could think of it like boot camp. After training and becoming a soldier, you didn't hang out in the barracks forever.

Jeanfromfillmore
09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
One of the big problems has been the use of "racist" to anyone who dares to tell the truth. Leftist don't understand what hypocrisy is because they are so surrounded by it with those they agree with; they will never admit their policies or agenda is wrong or bad. So they always stick together and shame never enters their mind.

ilbegone
09-15-2013, 10:11 AM
People are weary of a lot of things.

While Spanish language media seems to harp on about immigration, you just don't see the marches and rallies on the pro legalization side like it was.

There is still the pressure on by organized groups for legalization and all those threatened lawsuits over at large voting districts and such, but outside of a few idiots who think their cause is advanced by shenanigans like shutting down Wilshire Boulevard during rush hour, it seems to me there is nowhere near the pro illegal public activity there was maybe 6 to 8 years ago.

There are few postings here at SOS, but hundreds of visitors are on the site every day, I believe sometimes as many as 120 to 150 at a time, I think a year ago it was 15 to 20 at a time. What is incongruous to me is that many posts on important issues concerning immigration seem to get little viewing but a tongue in cheek single post thread with headline bait like "Mexican dwarf porcupine rodent" appears to be a runaway hit, over 2000 viewings in maybe three weeks.

I don't know about Facebook, it seems to me a place where one blabbers all about his personal life ad nauseum (like "I am now taking a crap" or "I picked my nose and gave my girlfriend a 'dutch oven' twice in the last fifteen minutes") and advertises personal absence from the house - such as vacation - which invites burglary. This social media thing seems to take people away from the real world of here and now along with all of the surrendering of personal privacy, and social media has all the ugly nature of a murderous mob when rumor mill conjecture or even purposeful disinformation somehow turns into fact.

Ayatollahgondola
09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
(like "I am now taking a crap" or "I picked my nose and gave my girlfriend a 'dutch oven' twice in the last fifteen minutes") and.

A dutch oven? :confused:

Jean has about the best description of facebook, and that was just a wall for graffiti. But...people like to be recognized for even the most inconsequential of contributions, or the least effort, or the most ridiculous, etc....and that's as good a place as any, save for your mommy's house, to get that.

Ayatollahgondola
09-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd like to say that as is my usual habit, I've once again preformed my yearly effort to reach out to old bones in unification hopes. I registered on Alipac under the name of SOS, even though William banned me for supporting Glenn Spencer, but thus far, he has refused the registration. That guy is like Brigham Young leading his mormon flock into the desert to keep outside influences from weakening his hold. Who knows though; maybe he'll change his mind someday. I also reached out to Michael j Williams (used to be ArizonaPatriot here). He's once again started a forum called let's discuss it. He has me blocked from registering, but there's a chatbox thingee that allows minimal conversation that you can use your facebook account to post there.

I keep ringing the bell. /wouldn't feel right if I didn't

ilbegone
09-15-2013, 01:41 PM
A dutch oven? :confused:.

Dutch oven,

The ubiquitous, ancient, juvenile stunt of a guy farting under the covers and pulling the blankets over the female's head, an older teenage / young adult version of grandpa's "pull my finger" gag - except there's no trigger and certainly no warning.

I never heard a name for it until a young coworker flung it out a couple of years ago.

I'm somehow reminded of a difference between younger men and younger women: At a party the men might be outside clowning around a barbeque drinking beer and lighting their farts on fire while the women are inside mixing margaritas, bitching about their men and pretending they themselves don't fart.

ilbegone
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd like to say that as is my usual habit, I've once again preformed my yearly effort to reach out to old bones in unification hopes. I registered on Alipac under the name of SOS, even though William banned me for supporting Glenn Spencer, but thus far, he has refused the registration. That guy is like Brigham Young leading his mormon flock into the desert to keep outside influences from weakening his hold. Who knows though; maybe he'll change his mind someday. I also reached out to Michael j Williams (used to be ArizonaPatriot here). He's once again started a forum called let's discuss it. He has me blocked from registering, but there's a chatbox thingee that allows minimal conversation that you can use your facebook account to post there.

I keep ringing the bell. /wouldn't feel right if I didn't

I don't know...

I perceive a big difference between the left and the right is that the first works through their disagreements and work together, while with the second the most minor disagreement is a deal killer and bridge burner.

During the rally period there were "Latino activists" who hated each other but would carpool to an event - all the while berating one another for "lack of commitment" to the cause. Then they would yell "racist" through a bullhorn for a few hours, pile back into the car and berate one another all the way back. Then next week they'd do it all over again.

The individual egos are too big on the anti illegal side, I'm not sure just how to classify it: Individualists; power trippers; cranky, one way assholes; certainly there is a tinge of the far right lunatic fringe to some of it, and the movement has revolved too much around conflicting personalities rather than a common cause.

I believe that the far left has no more than 20% of the population, so how to explain all their gains? Answer: their opposition being divided. The portion of the 80% of the population which might be effective commits political suicide by fighting over everything and stabbing each other in the back.

I figure that if there is 80% agreement there is room for accommodation and we can work out our differences later on, with the exception of genuine racism. I have no time for any sort of racists, white, brown, black, Indian, I have no use for any of them.

Patriotic Army Mom
09-15-2013, 04:42 PM
I am just waiting for the big baboom! There are millions of us out here who feel the same way, we are just tired of talking.

Jeanfromfillmore
09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't know...

I perceive a big difference between the left and the right is that the first works through their disagreements and work together, while with the second the most minor disagreement is a deal killer and bridge burner.

During the rally period there were "Latino activists" who hated each other but would carpool to an event - all the while berating one another for "lack of commitment" to the cause. Then they would yell "racist" through a bullhorn for a few hours, pile back into the car and berate one another all the way back. Then next week they'd do it all over again.

The individual egos are too big on the anti illegal side, I'm not sure just how to classify it: Individualists; power trippers; cranky, one way assholes; certainly there is a tinge of the far right lunatic fringe to some of it, and the movement has revolved too much around conflicting personalities rather than a common cause.

I believe that the far left has no more than 20% of the population, so how to explain all their gains? Answer: their opposition being divided. The portion of the 80% of the population which might be effective commits political suicide by fighting over everything and stabbing each other in the back.

I figure that if there is 80% agreement there is room for accommodation and we can work out our differences later on, with the exception of genuine racism. I have no time for any sort of racists, white, brown, black, Indian, I have no use for any of them.Boy did you nail it!!!!Bravo!!!