PDA

View Full Version : Join our office visit to Congressmen McKeon

Greg in LA
08-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Please join our office visit to Congressmen McKeon.

Congressmen McKeon has been avoiding almost all constituents, and on August 9th announced his support for amnesty, In a speech that he made to an invitation only group, he describes his belief that we need amnesty legislation, in the speech he actually says " we need to legalize everybody".

Here is the speech:

http://www.vcstar.com/videos/detail/buck-mckeon-immigration-reform/

A group including myself, and Robin Hvidston and at least two others will be visiting McKeons office on:

Tuesday, August 27th at 10:30 Am
26650 The Old Road Suite 203
Santa Clarita, CA 91381

We will meet in front of the building and then go to his office on the Second floor. We have materials from Numbers USA that we will deliver, as well as our personal messages.

Please join us, and help spread the word of the visit, especially to all who live in McKeons district which includes Santa Clarita, Palmdale, Lancaster, Acton and parts of Simi Valley.

Greg in LA
08-28-2013, 12:40 PM
The McKeon office visit went really good. NumbersUSA sent out an alert and we got 26-28 to show up. That was twice what I expected.

We met with McKeon's deputy director. We didn't let him dominate the meeting, and everybody voiced their opinions.

Later that evening I went to the Santa Clarita city council meeting, and told them how McKeon was avoiding constituents, and I asked the City Council to draft a letter requesting that McKeon hold a town hall meeting.

I heard several gasps, from the audience as I told the people in the meeting that McKeon recently made a statement where he said "we need to legalize everybody".

I don't know if the city council will draft a request letter to McKeon, but it did raise some awareness.

Over all I think the group visit to McKeons office was an excellent event.

ilbegone
08-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Good show, Greg.

Thanks to everyone who turned out.

Greg in LA
08-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the support Ilbegone.
I've never done anything like this before. Although I've been living in Santa Clarita for almost 8 years now, I only know a handful of people. Numbers USA sent out a mass email, and a lot of people showed up.

McKeon of course wasn't there, but I told everybody that he's been avoiding us for months now.

I'm glad that I did my part to help stop the amnesty steam roller. I hope it helped.

Jeanfromfillmore
08-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Thanks Greg!!!!