PDA

View Full Version : Earth 2100 Propaganda

rs232c
01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
When I saw the documentary Earth 2100 mentioned on the board I had to watch it when I saw it come on. I am no expert but I don't think I have to be to recognize a bunch of malarki as high as the Tower of Babel when I see it.

First of all I do not wish nor is it my focus to rehash or make this article only about global warming or the forced industries it is to create or the political ends that are more important than the solutions it demands. Each of us can make our own decisions on that as we come to understand it's true issues and resolutions.

What I do want to focus on is the seriousness it presents from a laymen's point of view to be prepared for the beliefs presented as facts in it's post religous world view for selected observations I have made. It's goal, let's face it, is to get you to think and act a certain way to avert a future that will happen if you don't. And that change is how you think and act now, that they assume in the producer's opinions.

Now for the observations.

They tell you they are presenting you with a fictional story of Lucie for a warning of what will happen unless the world changes long before 2015, i.e., immediately with no time to waste. After that, it's too late, don't bother, you and your future generations are dead. The last time I heard this logic was passing Obama's bail out proposals, which if we didn't our finances would collapse, then we all know that lead to him saying that no one knew what would happen. But we all did. We'd be in more uncontrollable debt, that's what happened.

As a Christian, I laugh at a true story of a Muslim I knew who towed a car into his uncle's repair shop one day and the Christian said to him that he had no money, he swears to God that he will come back the next day to pay for the tow. The muslim replied, "Your people have been waiting 2,000 years for your God to come back, if he didn't come by now then he's not coming so you have to pay me now!".

The fact is that the end of the world has been imminent for at least 2,000 years that I know of. The message of repent and change your ways is also at least as old as that and has not changed in this documentary. And yes, call it what it is - a fictional story, no more fictional than The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Independance Day, or even Refer Madness, all of which we could take away the message of repent and change our ways or our future is nigh. So the first problem I have with their beliefs is they want you to believe the fiction, or the art imitating life will become life and there is no other thinking or way to resolve global warming.

Besides insulting our intelligence, which they do take alot of poetic license in doing, it reminds me of denying Non Euclidean Geometry. This example is that we have been doing Geometry the same way for thousands of years, the Euclid way and most Geomety books have not changed much over that time. However, with new thinking, the same results can be achieved with Non Euclidean Geometry - without Euclid. What this really means is that we are intelligent enough to resolve global warming even if it did exist without changing our beliefs and acts to those the producers tell us to, or the list of 50 experts they use.

At the outset they start off saying how we are now all citizens of the world. And that is where they completely lost me, because there is no such thing as a citizen of the world, nor do I believe there ever could be. A citizen is a member of a country with common heritage, customs, and laws. To say that someday we would all be citizens under a world government, unopposed and accepted by all without force and subjugation - is boldface balderdash. To dream that someday our heritage, customs and laws will be all one to me is feminism on steroids. I am not dissing feminism, I understand it, but we live in a physical world where even that belief isn't congruent.

And speaking of women I was stunned when I listened to some 'expert' explain why it is globally important to empower women with rights. His view was not of equality, feminism, nor any basis of fair play. He explained you have to give women the same rights and access to resources and property because studies have shown that the more freedom they have the less children they will have. I don't need to elaborate as women will express their own rebuttal to that.

The next idea I wish to mention is the idea put forth how people will revert back to animalism to survive once their modern convieniences and services expire. From the days of ancient Egypt when the slaves left to live in the wilderness of the desert to the days the WWII when so many millions of refugees were left with nothing and beyond people have pulled together in a crisis more than became animalistic. But of course this never fit into their view of what will happen if we don't start thinking of ourselves as citizens of the world, borderless, and coaching women not to have families or their belief that to depopulate the world women must be free for no other reason.

People that I knew that lived through the depression in the 30's all told me how no one had anything. I don't recall them telling me how the masses went animalistic any more than on 9/11.

The 'haves' and the 'have nots' in this plot seems to be those that have a college education survive sociologically, and those that don't turn into animals. Everyone in Lucie's family is a highly trained professional, and true to the 'missing men' theory in feminism the men in her family's life die defending the greater good.

The absence of so many parts of our society in this story such as religion, faith in the common good and man, the innovation of our uneducated, any non-scientific or technological aspect of our future lives is sorely lacking. No mention of how perhaps 3/4 of the world is killing each other to survive yet how expensive projects are supported and maintained with a non-existant explanation of an economy, finances or any politics that enable such trade and growth.

The last thing I want to mention goes to the heart of global warming regardless of what side of the fence you are on. The belief that we have become God - that our world population is empowerd with the ability to shape and change the natural course and events of our planet's life cycle with respect to weather, resources, land mass, oceanic volume and the like. I missed the celebrations and declared holidays from when we learned how to do this.

This documentary to me is left of conservative, politically motivated, brainwashing, scientifically fiction, narrow, and propaganda to scare you straight to their way of thinking in their microcosm of television that is a formula that works so well for entertainment purposes only. To me, it serves as a sore thumb sticking out of a plan to make some people money and tighten power over the masses, i.e, you and I.

Thank you.

Twoller
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
They got your attention. That's all they wanted. Ignore them and they will go away. Ignore the world's problems and they will not go away.

Taking care of our "environment" and its resources is a job that is done every day at the local level first. At one time LA's air was some of the worse in the world. It still gets pretty bad sometimes. But if it hadn't been for the efforts of a lot of people, it would be even worse. A good part of civil engineering is assuring the basic natural needs of populations.

Fresh clean air, fresh clean water, fresh clean food and an untouched countryside or seaside to provide them all. These are all things we cannot choose to need and lose a little more every day for no good reason.

The bigger, global picture of those losses is elusive and are the sum of the local losses as one local loss impacts the other and they all begin to blend into one another.

But if we cannot trust the broadcasts and communications to show us what the local impacts are and how they effect the larger picture, then we cannot trust them to tell us what the global impact is either. They will distort the truth precisely away from the real sources of the problem and what the problem actually is.

Ayatollahgondola
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm still trying to get over the oil shortages of the 70's, the threat of communism from the 60's, etc.
Yes, the propaganda works

Commander Bunny
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Just another reason I don't watch TV.