PDA

View Full Version : Log Cabin RV's

Ayatollahgondola
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
When I first saw these in the campground I thought "that looks too damn tall to go under freeway underpasses". I never did get a measurement, but it definately has two stories, and tows via a ball hitch

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/Various10-24-09075.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/Various10-24-09077.jpg

Cruisingfool
10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
I want one!!!!!!

Jeanfromfillmore
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Looks like it's about 12 feet tall by about 12 feet wide. There would be some restrictions to traveling with it but not as many as one might think. The width would be the biggest problem I would think. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

Ayatollahgondola
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm certain that it's taller than 12 feet

Jeanfromfillmore
10-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, the average door is 6'7" and the distance between the top of the door and the pitch of the roof is a little less than equal to the height of the door. And knowing how things are built to save what is called 'drop off', a 12' would be the most economical height to build it. The code on the railing is 28"-32" depending on how high off the ground the platform/deck is. And you can just about see that the height is about equal to the width. What make it taller are the wheels it's resting on. But who knows, could be just an illusion and I'm way off.

Ayatollahgondola
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
I think you're forgetting to add the distance between the floor of RV and ground where the wheels are

Jeanfromfillmore
10-27-2009, 11:15 AM
I think you're forgetting to add the distance between the floor of RV and ground where the wheels areYes I stated that in the last sentence. That would add about 2 more feet, bringing it to about 14'. But I don't think the inside is a two story, just a high pitched ceiling for a small space. You want to go in halves on buying one? Who knows, after all this economic downturn we may be lucky to live in such a place. Sure would beat living under a bridge.

Ayatollahgondola
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes I stated that in the last sentence. That would add about 2 more feet, bringing it to about 14'. But I don't think the inside is a two story, just a high pitched ceiling for a small space. You want to go in halves on buying one? Who knows, after all this economic downturn we may be lucky to live in such a place. Sure would beat living under a bridge.

It's definately two story. We climbed up and looked