PDA

View Full Version : VIDE0 2009 Iranian Revolution - Streets of Tehran resemble a war zone Dec 27

Borderwatch
12-27-2009, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygi3p4WQpkw

Here is truly amazing (and graphic) video of a crowd in Sirjan, Iran storming police to prevent the public execution of two people. The video shows the crowd storming the gallows and cutting down the bodies of two men in the process of being hanged. It shows the protesters being shot at by Iranian forces as they tried to get away with the men. The condition of the men cut down from the gallows is not clear. Reports indicate several protesters were killed in the shooting.

More

http://www.youtube.com/user/2009IranRevolution

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/bdaz01/Obamagolfing.jpg

Jeanfromfillmore
12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Thank you for posting those videos.

Twoller
12-27-2009, 07:17 PM
There is a lot of this kind of stuff going on in Iran. Try to remember that the vast majority of violence in the streets in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan is Muslim on Muslim violence and has nothing to do with any kind of sympathy with non-Muslim countries or non-believers. There is this tendency in the press to pose resistance to the regime in Iran as some kind of effort towards warming up to the west. But there is no evidence that this case.

This regime was born in a violent revolution against the Shah of Iran, but the Shah didn't have any more love of non-Muslim countries than the Ayatollah Khomeini did. And Iran's nuclear weapons program wasn't born under Ahminijahd either, it was born under the Shah.

Muslims are the enemy of everyone who is not Muslim. But they don't like each other very much either. There is a huge and violent dispute between the Shi'i and Sunni Muslims. Iraq used to be run by Sunnis. Iran has always been Shi'i.

usa today
12-28-2009, 03:28 AM
There is a lot of this kind of stuff going on in Iran. Try to remember that the vast majority of violence in the streets in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan is Muslim on Muslim violence and has nothing to do with any kind of sympathy with non-Muslim countries or non-believers. There is this tendency in the press to pose resistance to the regime in Iran as some kind of effort towards warming up to the west. But there is no evidence that this case.

This regime was born in a violent revolution against the Shah of Iran, but the Shah didn't have any more love of non-Muslim countries than the Ayatollah Khomeini did. And Iran's nuclear weapons program wasn't born under Ahminijahd either, it was born under the Shah.

Muslims are the enemy of everyone who is not Muslim. But they don't like each other very much either. There is a huge and violent dispute between the Shi'i and Sunni Muslims. Iraq used to be run by Sunnis. Iran has always been Shi'i.

There are more than 2 factions of Muslims , these are just the 2 prevalent powers.
But bottom line no matter how much they hate each other , they hate none believers worse.