PDA

View Full Version : UFCW supports illegal immigration

usa today
12-17-2009, 02:20 PM
If your not familiar with the ufcw it is the union that reps all grocery workers in the US,
I just spent an hour with our local VP arguing this piece of tripe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eliseo-medina/immigration-reform-is-cri_b_395776.html

"mmigration reform is a critical part of that road to recovery.

This is the case because the immigration debate is really about all workers, and their ability to live a decent life."

This garbage from our international pres.

After being a member for about 35 years I think the unions have outlived
there usefulness and are now nothing but shills for the far left symps

Jeanfromfillmore
12-17-2009, 08:27 PM
If your not familiar with the ufcw it is the union that reps all grocery workers in the US,
I just spent an hour with our local VP arguing this piece of tripe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eliseo-medina/immigration-reform-is-cri_b_395776.html

"mmigration reform is a critical part of that road to recovery.

This is the case because the immigration debate is really about all workers, and their ability to live a decent life."

This garbage from our international pres.

After being a member for about 35 years I think the unions have outlived
there usefulness and are now nothing but shills for the far left symps

You're not the only one whose caught on to that fact. Unions used to represent skilled labor and they were there to let the public know that their members were the best at those skills. Now it's about power, and the quality of the work is not even a factor. The larger the size of the union, the more power. But in reality who looses is the public, because the set pay is demanded but the quality of the work doesn't even factor into the equation. It's become a Union vs Business, when what it was originally was a Union skilled person vs unskilled marketplace and the public knew they were getting their moneys worth if they hired a union person in the trades.