PDA

View Full Version : Help Design Our Forum Format

admin
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
The forum is our tool of exchange and distribution. The most effective use of it will happen if the main body of users help design the best format. We need to know what you like and dislike thus far, and what you'd like to have, or where you'd like it. There's no reason to fear offending anyone if you'd like to point out something you liked from another forum. There are no pre-conceived notions of greatness in the existing program, or the programmer for that matter, and neither would their be any hesitation to be a copy-cat.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
I would like a section devoted to crime, one for crime committed by illegals, one for cartel and gangs, one for government and state, and one for crime in general.

admin
10-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I would like a section devoted to crime, one for crime committed by illegals, one for cartel and gangs, one for government and state, and one for crime in general.

We might be able to do subforums in the new crime area just added, but we have to hold some line on making the forum too categorized at the outset.

Papoose
10-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Where's the section for SOS activities?

admin
10-23-2009, 08:39 AM
So far, it's here:

http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=26

admin
10-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Where's the section for SOS activities?

I should have pointed out this one as well:
http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Ithink what I was aiming for was to have the other one be for proposals, suggestions, and pre-arrangements, and then once an official event was established, move it to the other one, and then also leave the one in the general section for posting events that our associates were participating in that were organized by other groups as long as it shared a reasonable alliance with our agenda, or had no harmful side agenda for us.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
We might be able to do subforums in the new crime area just added, but we have to hold some line on making the forum too categorized at the outset.These were meant to be subforums to crime.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
How do I change the time?

admin
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
How do I change the time?

Go to your profile page, and in the upper left menu bar look for USER CP. click on it, and then go to edit Details, and near the bottom is time preferences

Jeanfromfillmore
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Go to your profile page, and in the upper left menu bar look for USER CP. click on it, and then go to edit Details, and near the bottom is time preferencesNope, tried that. It's not there.

Papoose
10-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Consider moving the "Priorities" section right below the "Forum Rules" section. The word/section for "Immigration" should be somewhere near the top.

Ayatollahgondola
10-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I thought that too, but we have to set apart the official from the non official portions, and that has to go in non-official. We need a better marking to set the two portions apart. I think we can install another banner in between, or it may even be possible to color the two portions differently. I'll look into that this weekend. But yes, priority stuff should not be near the bottom, should it...

admin
10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
OK, it looks as though we can separate the official section from the non-official section by color. We can import a style and make that style the permanent one for the official portion. Please visit the link below and choose your preference for color

http://www.stsoftware.biz/samples/other/vb_evo_w.jpg

Jeanfromfillmore
10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
We can use one of the primary colors such as the third blue color, starting from the back. And a secondary like one of the reds. The cooler colors are easier on the eyes though.

Rim05
11-01-2009, 03:34 AM
I agree that we should use the cool colors. Please not red, makes my eyes hurt to think about it.

admin
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
You may have notice some changes to the forum home page this week. If not, the changes were made to the following:
centering the SOS logo. It was far left, and now it's centered.

Placing the SOS name within the logo.

Added scrolling marquis

If you have suggestions on improving the logo, especially if you have graphics talent, please feel free to comment.

The scrolling marquis will be used for various announcements, and if there are none, we may disable it so it doesn't detract from the rest of the forum.

Supermanglide
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I would like a area devoted to crime, just one for crime committed by illegals, just one for cartel and gangs, just one for federal government and state.

Jeanfromfillmore
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I would like a area devoted to crime, just one for crime committed by illegals, just one for cartel and gangs, just one for federal government and state.
We do have a thread area devoted to crime.