PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods - feet of clay.

wetibbe
12-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Posters on another website were complaining that the media wouldn't cover the story. Well - Fox News sure covered it today revealing more of Tigers extra-marital partners! And giving out his web address with his confession.

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/

As an old timer I have seen this adultery so many times. Presidents, Prime Ministers, sports figures, Hollywood celebrities, Congressmen, Senators, and the broad swath of common folk.

I won't say what I did when single but after I married I was absolutely faithful and so was my wife. We respected each-other and never strayed. We didn't have to. We had a good marriage that I am extremely proud of.

Apparently the National Inquired broke the story. That is very unfortunate. What can I say about them ? I scowl ! What a gang of trouble makers. Anything to sell copy.

So what does this mean to Woods ? It surely hurt his family. We'll wait and see how many sponsors drop him. The pundits pooh pooh the affairs and say it won't have much effect. I don't think so. I think it will cost him Millions of dollars.

I am not a golfer and I was not a fan of Woods. Didn't have anything against him, just had no interest. But he had the reputation of Mr. Clean. And now that is seemingly in the trash bin.

Se la vie !

Rim05
12-02-2009, 10:32 AM
That is what I was saying about the gossips rags a few days ago. I am older than you wetibble so it is nothing new and I really don't care about gossip. Just about all humans have clay feet. I will leave it to Tiger and Elin.
I wonder if those gossip rags ever think what they do to the family of the person they are 'exposing'? I doubt they care one bit. I am not a golf fan and Tiger is just another sports figure to me.

Patriotic Army Mom
12-02-2009, 12:41 PM
The gossips do this to take the vision off of them. They should be stoned and have their mouth sewn up.

Commander Bunny
12-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I've alway said, when a story like this about some so-called "Celebrity" becomes major news on all media venues, something else is up.
And I for One can't stand golf.

CB.

Jeanfromfillmore
12-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I've alway said, when a story like this about some so-called "Celebrity" becomes major news on all media venues, something else is up.
And I for One can't stand golf.

CB.I agree with you. While people are paying attention and entertained with this, they're not paying attention to the important things. The politicians can slip in another piece of crap while the public is being entertained.

ilbegone
12-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Tiger Wood's personal affairs are his business, not mine -and I don't appreciate his dirty laundry thrown in my front yard by profiteers pandering to prurient curiosity.

REWHBLCAIN
12-03-2009, 03:32 AM
As Nikey would say...............JUST DO IT!

New book out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Shortest Drive

By

Tiger Woods

PochoPatriot
12-03-2009, 07:06 AM
One thing I have learned over the past few years is that when there is a media feeding frenzy that creates a cult of personality, then something very key is happening in either the Muslim world or in our country that is going to affect Americans in a negative manner.

wetibbe
12-08-2009, 05:26 AM
What might have happened in Tiger-Elin 're-nup'
by Kevin Hench
Kevin Hench is a frequent contributor to FOXSports.com. An accomplished film and television writer, Hench's latest screenwriting credit is for The Hammer, which stars Adam Carolla and is now available on DVD.

add this RSS email print
Updated: December 6, 2009, 11:14 AM EST 253 comments
The Florida Highway Patrol has issued a $164 citation to Tiger Woods for careless driving, meaning the incident will cost Tiger roughly $80,000,164.

Tiger Woods scandal What's the latest in the Tiger Woods scandal? Here's the news you need to know. Cops: Witness said Tiger was drinking
Number of alleged mistresses grows
Caddie says he'll stand by Tiger
Lawyer's daughter: Tiger must've paid
Number of alleged mistresses grows
Whitlock: Media hypocritical on Tiger
Woods: I've let my family down
Kriegel: Tiger can be redeemed
Lusetich: What were you thinking?
Tour vet, Elin's ex-boss, rips Tiger
Video: Fallout for Tiger
Whitlock: Tiger owes us nothing
The latest on Tiger's troubles

Suddenly Vanessa Bryant's $4 million diamond ring seems kinda chintzy.

Apparently Tiger's "transgressions" have brought about a hasty renegotiation of his prenuptial agreement with wife Elin Nordegren that will quadruple the originally agreed upon $20 million as long as she sticks it out for another couple of years. So how did the sides arrive at this new figure, roughly halfway between Kobe's bejeweled "my bad" and Michael Jordan's reported $150 million settlement with ex-wife Juanita?

Channeling the opening mediation scene from Wedding Crashers, we now try to piece together how that negotiation might have gone down.

Fade in:

Tiger and his attorney sit on one side of the table in the family dining room, Elin and hers on the other. A mediator sits at the head of the table. You can cut the tension with a 1-iron.

Mediator: Okay, gang, let's get started. I am here to mediate. Like Rocco. (Nothing.) Rocco Mediate? Anyone? No? All right, uh, I believe Mr. Woods' attorney has an opening statement.

Tiger's attorney: What my client does for a living, what he does better than anyone else in the world, is by its very nature a monotonous occupation. Literally working for hours upon hours to replicate the exact same swing over and over. In his field, variety is not good. Metronomic consistency is what makes him the best. We do not feel it is reasonable to then ask him to enter into that same level of monotony in his personal life.

Mediator: Really? That's your opening move?

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: So, for the record, Mr. Woods views life with the mother of his children as "monotonous." Tedious, if you will. In light of this, we would ask that the original prenuptial agreement be augmented by $5 million.

Mediator: Yeah, that sounds about right. (Aside to Tiger and his attorney.) Word to the wise, monotonous and monogamous may share a Greek root, but you use them interchangeably at your own peril.

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: Furthermore, it has come to my client's attention that her husband's extra-marital dalliances began while she was pregnant, a violation of their marital vows so egregious we believe it merits an additional $10 million to the original agreement.

"If you need to borrow some cash, just let me know." (Scott Halleran / Getty Images)

(Tiger whispers to his attorney.)

Tiger's attorney: If anything we see Ms. Nordegren's condition at the time of the indiscretion in question as exculpatory. Given that Ms. Nordegren was not, in fact, performing her connubial duties, we would ask that this request be denied.

(The mediator looks on in stunned disbelief.)

Mediator: So your contention is that while Ms. Nordegren was preoccupied with the gestation of the human being growing inside her she was neglectful in her other wifely obligations?

(Tiger and his attorney nod.)

Mediator: Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and rule again for the mother on that one.

(The mediator is keeping a tally.)

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: In addition, we would ask for a second $10 million augmentation for the pain and humiliation caused by these salacious text messages and e-mails.

Tiger's attorney: (interjecting) Well, I think we can all agree that any pain and humiliation that resulted because of the publication of these private messages has been suffered by my client, not the plaintiff.

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: Would you like me to read them for the record?

(Tiger shakes his head.)

Tiger's attorney: Withdrawn.

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: Stepping back from the more prurient aspects of this negotiation for a moment, it has also become public knowledge — reported by the neighbor who discovered Mr. Woods lying beside the vehicle — that my client lives with a snorer. Anyone who has dealt with that particular misery would understand the sleepless hell Ms. Nordegren has endured for the last six years. We would set remuneration for this hardship at $5 million.

Tiger's attorney: My client has a medical condition.

Mediator: (to Tiger) Did you try that mouthpiece they advertise on TV?

Tiger's troubles Yardbarker blogger Sports by Brooks has been following the Tiger Woods situation from the beginning. For the latest developments, click here. Report: Elin moves out of couple's home
Reports: Could Tiger do Oprah?
Alleged mistress #6 is NYC "clubgoer"
Perkins waitress claims Tiger affair
Report: Alleged mistress No. 4 to speak
Report: Tiger got girls in Vegas
Pics: Closer look at Uchitel
Tiger's buddy booked Uchitel's tix?
Report: Uchitel's canceled presser
Report: Moquin now denies affair
Report: Grubbs has criminal record
Golfer Jesper Parnevik slams Woods
Video of another alleged mistress
Model life: Grubbs' modeling photos
Tiger's voicemail to Jaimee Grubbs
OMG: Tiger sex texts released
Get all the Tiger pics, videos and stories

(Tiger shakes his head. The mediator adds another $5 million to his tally.)

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: It has also come to our attention that Mr. Woods' paramours are being compensated for their silence. We think it only right that Ms. Nordegren receive five times what they are receiving. If you would be so good as to divulge that figure.

(Tiger whispers to his attorney. The attorney jots a figure on the mediator's legal pad. The mediator raises his eyebrows at the number.)

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: Now to the issue of contrition. My client maintains that when Mr. Woods spilled out of his vehicle his first words to her were, "You're still over-pronating your wrists on your follow-through." In light of this cavalier attitude and in an effort to arrive at a new figure that may truly make this philanderer sorry for his actions, we seek an additional $15 million to serve as a sincere apology.

(Tiger is preoccupied with his Blackberry, looks up, nods.)

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: And finally, my client is going to need $10 million in cash to shop herself out of this funk.

Tiger's attorney: But there are so many great sales this year.

Ms. Nordegren's attorney: Okay, $5 million to get her shop on.

(All parties nod in agreement. The mediator tallies.)

Mediator: Okay, so we've got 5, 10, 10, 5, 10, 15 and 5, plus the original 20, for a new total of $80 million.

(The parties rise, shake hands formally. For the first time, Elin speaks.)

Elin: But if I truly don't want to be with him and only agree to stay with him for the money, doesn't that make me a prostitute?

Mediator: Let's not get into semantics.