PDA

View Full Version : Anti-DREAM Act Petition Signature Gathering Effort

Ayatollahgondola
10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Right now it is not looking terribly good for bringing our mobile billboard on tour down south due to funding. But we're still activists on foot, and we should use the forum just as we always have to organize signature gathering events and meet-ups. If you would post here that you are ready willing and able, and from there we'll try and partner up so people aren't out alone.
I'll be sending an email out tomorrow with a link to this thread

Greg in LA
10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I would like to volunteer to gather signatures in Santa Clarita. Please let me know if anyone else is interested.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I would like to volunteer to gather signatures in Santa Clarita. Please let me know if anyone else is interested.Greg, I'm only about 25 miles away, so I can partner up with you. Send me a pm and we can coordinate on time, day and location. Thanks.

Ayatollahgondola
10-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Today's news is that a counter petition is going to be launched by the...uh...DREAM team....that wants to get on the ballot with STOPAB131. There initiative would supposedly put the DREAM act into the California constitution. Their goal is to match the donnelly signature count one for one.

They didn;t have a chance getting the DREAM act passed by referendum. That's why they went to the corrupt state representatives to get it. But...my thinking is that they are trying to pollute the signature effort. They'll be approaching people out there with some advertisement spiel that will be hijacking or misleading. In the least, it will confuse the signors a bit, because they'll say.."nah...I've already signed it"

Jeanfromfillmore
10-25-2011, 09:02 PM
It still amazes me the level these open borders jerks will go to to try and highjack this state. I thought the cheating voter registration was the low point, but their deceit knows no low. Just trash.

Ayatollahgondola
10-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I have about 100 petitions in hand, and ready to go collecting signatures.
I'm planning to have a first day out on Friday.
Jean will be getting some soon also.

This is a good chance to really fight back. If you can, please get together and collect a few. Your state needs you.

Rim05
10-27-2011, 02:53 AM
Since I cannot go out walking to collect signatures, I plan to go to one of the places and pick up some of the forms and then give them to anyone who will collect even one signature. I sure hope other people will do the same.

acnrep
10-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I could use about 50 of them right now for me and my family & friends.I live in Santa Clarita.I will pick them up ,please contact me at rhanzmann@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Ayatollahgondola
10-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I could use about 50 of them right now for me and my family & friends.I live in Santa Clarita.I will pick them up ,please contact me at rhanzmann@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,

Try sending a PM To JeanFromFillmore here.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Anyone who is interested in doing a petition drive and/or needs petitions please pm me with your info. I've been contacted by Tim Donnolly who assured me I would be receiving the petitions very soon.

Let's get this done.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Anyone who is interested in doing a petition drive and/or needs petitions please pm me with your info. I've been contacted by Tim Donnolly who assured me I would be receiving the petitions very soon.

Let's get this done.Just received another call from Donnolly, he is trying to overnighting 500 of the petitions to me through his main headquarters. He also said there are some nicely printed up posters to give out for advertising at petition signing sites. Let me know (by a pm) if you're interested is supporting this cause.

Ayatollahgondola
10-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Tough day for me. Didn't get out collecting, but did spend a bunch of time getting the billboard ready. Found lots of small problems. Ran out of certain letters, and there's no more material to make more. Had to cannibalize some others. Repaired numerous loose things on the trailer; lots of needed nuts, bolts, and washers. Added another little marquis on the trailer deck so there is one on each side. Some bad light connections, and some other various fixes.
But..short of putting on our banner...it's ready for battle

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/AB131billboard002.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/AB131billboard004.jpg

Jeanfromfillmore
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Well Donnolly's office called this morning and said they would hand deliver the petitions to me at home by 5pm today. We'll see.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-29-2011, 04:44 PM
OK, I now have 500 of the petitions. We're ready to roll. Anyone in the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, Ventura County that wants to sign the petition or better yet, have a petition drive in your area, please pm me and I'll work with you on getting it done.

Patriotic Army Mom
10-29-2011, 05:51 PM
The both of you are great. Good luck.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-29-2011, 09:39 PM
We'll be collecting signatures in Saugus tomorrow, Sunday Oct. 30th between 1-5pm at the Vons at 26518 Bouquet Canyon. I'll have petitions to give out if you're interested in helping with the signature campaign. Everyone has someone they know that will sign up.

Jeanfromfillmore
11-06-2011, 04:37 PM
We'll be collecting signatures in Saugus tomorrow, Sunday Oct. 30th between 1-5pm at the Vons at 26518 Bouquet Canyon. I'll have petitions to give out if you're interested in helping with the signature campaign. Everyone has someone they know that will sign up.Well last Sunday Oct 30th GreginLA and I gathered over 100 signature and today Sunday Oct 6th we gathered over 90 in 3 hours. We had to stop because the rain started pouring down.

I'd sure like to hear from some of the people in Simi Valley about doing a petition signing campaign. All of you throughout California need to get cracking and start your own campaign. We need to get this done.

Ayatollahgondola
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
thanks Jean. It's been raining a little up here too, but I'm just about through with my short work gig, and I'll be out this week a'collectin' sigs:D

Twoller
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Well last Sunday Oct 30th GreginLA and I gathered over 100 signature and today Sunday Oct 6th we gathered over 90 in 3 hours. We had to stop because the rain started pouring down.

I'd sure like to hear from some of the people in Simi Valley about doing a petition signing campaign. All of you throughout California need to get cracking and start your own campaign. We need to get this done.

Great work, Jean.

If you are aware of anything going on in Yolo County PM me and I'll look into it.

Jeanfromfillmore
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Great work, Jean.

If you are aware of anything going on in Yolo County PM me and I'll look into it.Go to StopAB131.com and hit "get your petitions" there are locations throughout California to pick up petitions. If there isn't one near you, they will mail one or some to you or you can start one of your own, just post that you want to and they'll add the information where or how you want to distribute them. I have them email me and I either deliver, mail or tell them of someone who is closer to their location. It's really not very hard to do and it helps get this petition to all corners of California.