PDA

View Full Version : Brown Signs bill Prohibiting Mandatory E-verify

Ayatollahgondola
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Well, I had some hopes for moderation, however brown approving this bill cast that out. This bill will prohibit cities and counties from including mandatory e-verify on contracts or even codes. the legislature believes it's too unreliable to use. Brown has gone completely renegade on the illegals issue. We don't get to sieze their vehicles when they drive unlicensed; We have to pay for their tuition in college; and now we cannot even use one of the only, and best possible avenues to check the status of workers. I'd like to say Brown is sending us a message, but I think he's actually making this state as inhospitable for any of us that aren't gay, bisexual, transgender, illegal alien, mexican, foreigner, or willing to pay any tax for any purpose without question or backtalk.
I am losing patience with this regime. with all the laws they are passing, they do not seem to be willing to obey any themselves. It's becoming a banana republic

Rim05
10-10-2011, 05:11 AM
I am losing patience with this regime. with all the laws they are passing, they do not seem to be willing to obey any themselves. It's becoming a banana republic

How about that recall I mentioned? I have 4 recall votes at my finger tips at this moment?

Ayatollahgondola
10-10-2011, 06:13 AM
RIM, I have no problem voting to recall Brown. The problem is, we have to have a replacement for him or Gavin Newsome takes over. Recalling Davis begat Arnold, who sided with illegals most of his terms. We have to face one fact, and that's that the corrupt bastards have theor own backs on this electoral process at the upper echelons like governors, attorney generals, etc. Without some new schtick, I don't see how we can get past that. I think we'll have to find a way to veto their moves instead. In most other countries, revolt is the practice, and we may have to take a hint from it.

Yourfired
10-15-2011, 05:48 AM
As a lifelong Californian that has been through the first Jerry Brown governor disaster,I feel that he needs to go period. If we have to deal with Newsome so be It. Brown has been signing bills that are completely outrageous,and unless Newsome wants a very short political career,he would have to think twice before agitating the American citizens of the state If he were to take over. I just think that Brown should be booted to the curb ASAP !! Look at the damage he has already caused,there will be more to come ...

Twoller
10-15-2011, 08:18 AM
How about that recall I mentioned? I have 4 recall votes at my finger tips at this moment?

Make that five. I think there is momentum in this. From another post here:

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=4717

Backing up, even though Brown won by a large majority, he's the accidental governor. In 1990, California passed a term-limit law restricting governors and other legislators to two-four year terms. Brown, protesting that he first served before the law passed, ignored it. Then, unchallenged on his misinterpretation of the term-limit restriction, Brown became the default Democratic candidate when no other party member could be persuaded to run for the thankless job. Finally, Brown coasted into office when Republican Meg Whitman mounted the most ineffective campaign in recent California political history.

Brown's irresponsible behavior prompted two actions, one of which could end his governorship. On Monday, Assemblyman Tim Donnelly filed documents to initiate a ballot initiative to overturn the law. A website, www.stopab131.com, has been established to help collect the necessary 504,000 signatures within 90 days.

Donnelly noted that California is billions of dollars in the hole, unemployment is 12.1 percent, schools' and teachers' budgets have been ravaged, job centers shut, state parks closed and veterans' reentry services slashed. Yet Brown managed to find a $42 million DREAM Act slush fund for illegal aliens to attend schools whose tuition rates have risen 10 to 12 percent. Colleges are so overcrowded that students participate in a lottery to enroll in the classes they need to graduate.

Even better than voiding Brown's laws is the nascent movement to unseat him. Disgusted Californians have organized a recall campaign that if successful, as it was in 2003 when Gray Davis was ousted, would force a special election. Recall advocates would need to collect approximately 1.2 million signatures, not a daunting task given the rampant statewide discontent. Making the recall easier is that it isn't tied specifically to any of Brown's treasonous bills. Registered voters angry about any issue can sign.

Brown should pack his bags. California, the state that can afford it the least, is the nation's friendliest toward aliens. Davis got the boot for less egregious offenses during better economic times.

Joe Guzzardi was a Democratic candidate in the 2003 Recall Gray Davis election. Contact him at guzzjoe@yahoo.com.

Ayatollahgondola
10-15-2011, 09:15 AM
As a lifelong Californian that has been through the first Jerry Brown governor disaster,I feel that he needs to go period. If we have to deal with Newsome so be It. Brown has been signing bills that are completely outrageous,and unless Newsome wants a very short political career,he would have to think twice before agitating the American citizens of the state If he were to take over..

My opinion on this is that there is a heirarchy above the governor and legislature in this state, and that those who get fast-tracked or advantage for those positions will also be rewarded in other ways should they be recalled or removed. (hear anything about Gray Davis sufferring from the recession lately?) Newsome would move into the position with the same strings tugging at him.