PDA

View Full Version : Today’s Questions for the President

Jeanfromfillmore
08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Today’s Questions for the President

The overall unemployment rate is 9.1 percent and the Congressional Budget Office projects that the rate will remain above 7.4 percent until 2014.
The unemployment rate for black Americans is 15.9 percent. Perhaps more relevant, the black employment/population ratio (i.e., the percentage of non-institutionalized black civilians who are employed) is a mere 50.8 percent.
Rep. Maxine Waters called the black unemployment rate “unconscionable” and criticized your recent bus tour for neglecting black communities. Jesse Jackson has referred to black unemployment as a “state of emergency.”
Just last year, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights gave you a report detailing the commission’s finding that illegal immigration has an adverse impact on the employment and wage rates of low-skilled American workers of all races. The report emphasized, however, that the negative impact of illegal immigration upon black workers in a number of occupations was “significant.”
Nonetheless, upon the conclusion of your bus tour, your administration implemented a policy that effectively grants amnesty to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants.
Did you take the Commission’s report into consideration when you were crafting your new illegal-immigration policy? If so, do you consider amnesty for illegal immigrants more important than jobs for Americans?
Did you discuss this new illegal-immigration policy with Maxine Waters or any of the other members of the Congressional Black Caucus before implementation? If so, what did they say? If not, do you plan to discuss the policy with them when you return from vacation?
Is the new illegal-immigration policy a component of the jobs plan you’re going to release in September? If so, in the major speech you’re scheduled to give detailing your jobs plan, how will you reconcile the adverse effect of your illegal-immigration policy on American employment with your vow to lower the unemployment rate to 5.5 percent by November 2012?
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/275548/todays-questions-president-peter-kirsanow#

Obama skilled at deception
Once again, President Barack Obama has proven his only political skill is deception. The Obama Administration will now be using the Department of Homeland Security to legislate illegal immigration, without going through the proper legislative process.
If an illegal immigrant is caught but is attending school, has a family member in the military or is primarily responsible for a family member's care, they get to stay. Now, of course, the fact the immigrant entered this country illegally doesn't matter.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, they are going to focus on those immigrants with criminal records. The last time I checked, an immigrant that enters this country illegally is by definition a criminal, but as long as they meet the criteria they are going to get to stay.
I have never seen anyone in my lifetime more committed to the destruction of America and its values. I don't know of anyone opposed to immigration, but illegal immigration is a criminal act.
For Obama to usurp the legal system so he can begin building another voter base is disgraceful.
Lisa Gunter
Newnan