PDA

View Full Version : Back door amnesty is here

Kathy63
06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
All it takes is for Emperor Bones, King of the United States to order the law be ignored.

Homeland Security officials misled the public and Congress last year in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals in Houston and other cities amid accusations that they had created a "back-door amnesty," newly released records show

A string of emails shows the dismissals had the blessings of top attorneys at ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C., last summer and that other ICE legal offices across the country were encouraged to consider measures to better use the agency's limited resources to target dangerous criminals.
The records also document for the first time that the agency quietly rescinded the Houston memo on Aug. 25 — the day the Houston Chronicle broke the story on the dismissals — amid allegations from conservatives that the Obama administration had created a stealth amnesty program for illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7627737.html#ixzz1QWAUcTq5

Jeanfromfillmore
06-27-2011, 02:36 PM
All it takes is for Emperor Bones, King of the United States to order the law be ignored.

Homeland Security officials misled the public and Congress last year in an effort to downplay a wave of immigration case dismissals in Houston and other cities amid accusations that they had created a "back-door amnesty," newly released records show

A string of emails shows the dismissals had the blessings of top attorneys at ICE headquarters in Washington, D.C., last summer and that other ICE legal offices across the country were encouraged to consider measures to better use the agency's limited resources to target dangerous criminals.
The records also document for the first time that the agency quietly rescinded the Houston memo on Aug. 25 — the day the Houston Chronicle broke the story on the dismissals — amid allegations from conservatives that the Obama administration had created a stealth amnesty program for illegal immigrants.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7627737.html#ixzz1QWAUcTq5

Kathy, I'm so pissing angry over this that I just grind my teeth before I speak of it. Yet, there is so little press or talk from activist about it, it just amazes me. Is everyone asleep?

ilbegone
06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Kathy, I'm so pissing angry over this that I just grind my teeth before I speak of it. Yet, there is so little press or talk from activist about it, it just amazes me. Is everyone asleep?

I've been aware of it for some time. It's been going on for quite a while now.

Jeanfromfillmore
06-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I've been aware of it for some time. It's been going on for quite a while now.Yes it has, but it was only a few days ago that it was confirmed. The press did a little bleep, and that was it.