PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

Jeanfromfillmore
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

By Don Irvine | May 20, 2011

Liberals received some more bad news this week as a new Suffolk University poll revealed that Fox News is the most trusted political news source among those surveyed.
FOX News – 28%
CNN – 18%
Undecided -12%
NBC – 10%
Other -10%
MSNBC — 7%
ABC — 6%
CBS — 6%
C-SPAN — 3%
For CNN the poll was a little bit of good news at a time the network is struggling with it’s primetime lineup, and after they received a black-eye this week for omitting former New York governor and current CNN host Eliot Spitzer from a story on political sex scandals.
The news wasn’t so good for MSNBC which finished a distant third to its cable news brethren with just 7% of respondents saying that they trusted the liberal cable news network.
It’s true that part of the explanation for these results is that the only network that conservatives find their viewpoint fairly represented is on the Fox News Channel, but maybe airing all that one-sided programming bashing conservatives isn’t so good for the other networks after all.
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/poll-fox-most-trusted-political-news-source/?utm_source=AIM+-+Daily+Email&utm_campaign=be1ee5a025

ilbegone
05-20-2011, 11:48 PM
CNN, Fox, Local TV "news", I don't like any of them.

Too much opinion and scandal chasing. Not much of it is objective journalism.

Rim05
05-22-2011, 05:31 AM

I am glad to see someone else can see what I have said many times. I still watch as much as I can stand from both sides. It gets to be a real joke.

LAPhil
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM

FOX may have its flaws, but I'm delighted that they're the most watched and trusted cable news network. Of course I have a conservative bias, but is there any network which will give you the conservative point of view? And how many networks are there with a liberal bias? I can think of at least five offhand.

Rim05
05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Phil, it is about reporting the truth. I find Faux to be one of the worst. Don't ask me to tell you one that does not lie.

LAPhil
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Phil, it is about reporting the truth. I find Faux to be one of the worst. Don't ask me to tell you one that does not lie.
What has Fox lied about?

ilbegone
05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
FOX may have its flaws, but I'm delighted that they're the most watched and trusted cable news network. Of course I have a conservative bias, but is there any network which will give you the conservative point of view? And how many networks are there with a liberal bias? I can think of at least five offhand.

I dream of media which one cannot describe as either liberal or conservative, and the bubble headed giggling morning showcasters are far more suited to trash TV and game shows than real journalism.

Objective reporting in which the reporter stifles his own bias to bring facts, not propaganda and agenda - that's the way it's supposed to be.

CNN and Fox both fall way short of the standard, although I do believe CNN has a tad more of a sneering superiority complex.