PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm done! G'bye CA

Kathy63
04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
I haven't been around much on this new board. I've been really busy with a lot of deaths in the family, many disasters and a growing feeling that this isn't the place for me and hasn't been for a long time. In the next few days I will be making my way to where ever it is I will be going. I don't care much, except that it's not here.

In looking back, has there ever been a state that so hated and despised its producing citizens? California will not stop punishing taxpayers until there are just no taxpayers left. Here's one more that's leaving.

Don
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Good luck.

Jeanfromfillmore
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Kathy, as soon as you start planting roots, where ever that may be, log in and let us know how you're doing. I'm glad you are able to make your escape. Many of us would like to and some are already in motion to do the same thing. It's just getting worse and worse here in California, just plain ugly. The glutton democrats/liberals haven't stopped feeding off enough of the host yet, and still don't recognize the host is dying.

Good luck, and remember you can stay in touch no matter where you land up.

Ayatollahgondola
04-30-2011, 05:27 AM
I haven't been around much on this new board. I've been really busy with a lot of deaths in the family, many disasters and a growing feeling that this isn't the place for me and hasn't been for a long time. In the next few days I will be making my way to where ever it is I will be going. I don't care much, except that it's not here.

In looking back, has there ever been a state that so hated and despised its producing citizens? California will not stop punishing taxpayers until there are just no taxpayers left. Here's one more that's leaving.

Kathy,

I'm going to assume that trying to survive financially has gotten much worse for you. You're not alone, there's a lot of that out there, including myself. I don't know everything about your situation, but many of us have seen our incomes dry up, and our opportunities lessen. I wish you the best, and as Jean says, stay in touch here, because California is in perilous straits, but it is still our home, and it cannot live under the rule of financial mismanagement forever. It is my opinion that the struggle over California's future has reached a point where those who believe in financial restraint have made a valiant push to cure it or kill it. Unfortunately I see that as the only way now, and yes, more of us already in the throes of financial meltdown are going to suffer even more. I wish I had some relieving news, but I don't. Not in the short run anyway. I will just point out that if we don't stop it here, it will spread.

Patriotic Army Mom
04-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Please stay in touch;. Good luck.

Eagle1
04-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Good luck Kathy. I certainly understand your decision.

Kathy63
05-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Kathy,

I'm going to assume that trying to survive financially has gotten much worse for you. You're not alone, there's a lot of that out there, including myself. I don't know everything about your situation, but many of us have seen our incomes dry up, and our opportunities lessen. I wish you the best, and as Jean says, stay in touch here, because California is in perilous straits, but it is still our home, and it cannot live under the rule of financial mismanagement forever. It is my opinion that the struggle over California's future has reached a point where those who believe in financial restraint have made a valiant push to cure it or kill it. Unfortunately I see that as the only way now, and yes, more of us already in the throes of financial meltdown are going to suffer even more. I wish I had some relieving news, but I don't. Not in the short run anyway. I will just point out that if we don't stop it here, it will spread.

Thank you. Of course I'll keep in touch. I still have ties to California. My son works here, but bit by bit, division by division, his company has been slowly moving to other states and his continued residency is hanging on by a thread. At his executive level he will most likely be relocated when the last of it goes.

In the last year, prior to that I was doing pretty well, in the last year, people have left, given away pets, sent children to live with relatives out of state, had older pets put down, turned animals into shelters, or just couldn't afford to get them groomed until they were in such bad condition that it was threatened the animal's life. The state didn't like the reduction in income and went back 5 years to assess taxes based on prior income. Then sent me a bill.

My husband passed away in December leaving me despondent. I spent six months fighting a lawsuit by of all people a lesbian couple, based on discrimination based on of all things my refusal to paint their portrait. It took half a year for them to lose.

I am unbelievably sick and tired of the crime. The gunfire, the stabbings, mothers with toddlers in tow engaging in sex acts on the street right in front of my shop, while the two year old runs around. Once I got over being mad about the kid banging on the window and the outrage at the mother on her knees, she was probably only trying to get enough money to feed them for a day.

There comes a time when standing on the principle of "I won't let myself be forced out" isn't enough. It's not worth it anymore.

Jerry Brown is going to have a ballot initiative on the next election. That initiative will be to raise the state income tax. He is betting that CA has passed the tipping point and there are more people receiving tax benefits than there are taxpayers to vote it down. One of the provisions of this initiative is to make the tax hike retroactive to Jan 1. The first paycheck after this hike will have a massive, MASSIVE state take. For many, this kind of tax bite will not be survivable.

I love California. I love the life I made here. It is painful to leave. The fact is, from my point of view, California is no longer circling the drain, it is now going down.

Of course I'll keep in touch. The forum is EVERYWHERE!

Ayatollahgondola
05-01-2011, 06:15 AM
So you don't have any idea where you are going?

Kathy63
05-01-2011, 06:50 AM
So you don't have any idea where you are going?

First stop Nevada. Close enough to family, away from California's toxic politics and taxes. Gas is $3.52 a gallon right across the border.

California is still considering an exit tax. The proposals are a 36% tax on all assets taken out of the state. There isn't one now, but with an exit tax, I'll leave all the crap behind and WALK if I have to.

rwrice
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Good God. Only in California.........

What's next?

DerailAmnesty.com
05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm happy for you, Kathy. I know you've had it with this neck of the woods for some time. Please chime in from wherever your future leads you.

The Waco Kid
05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
http://www.conservativecrusader.com/articles/exit-stage-left-california-s-proposed-departure-tax

You have to have a certain amount of wealth in the first place but be that as it may I do not see anything ever becoming of this proposal. Gee, Kathy you must be doing pretty good with your pet grooming if you are worried about this kind of stuff. :rolleyes: Talking about the exit tax of course. I can find nowhere that this ever passed or even got on the ballot.

Kathy63
05-08-2011, 12:35 PM
It hasn't passed. I want to get out before something this insane passes. I don't have a lot, but I CAN see California assessing an outrageous value on something that wouldn't have a lot of value absent a greedy and duplicitious government.

In other words, this state is out of its mind for money. They are as desperate for cash as the mugger in the alley needing his next fix.

I can just picture some vapid state worker saying my art work is worth 1.3 trillion dollars and sending me a tax bill. In which case I would consider everying "sold" to the state for the taxes and any excess can be used to satisfy the tax liabilities of my friends at SOS until it runs out.

Ayatollahgondola
05-08-2011, 12:58 PM
In other words, this state is out of its mind for money. They are as desperate for cash as the mugger in the alley needing his next fix.

That's a good one :D

any excess can be used to satisfy the tax liabilities of my friends at SOS until it runs outUnless they kick the illegals out first, I'd rather die owing them a bundle;)

Greg in LA
05-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Kathy 63, It is good to know that you are an artist. I am one also, I work in the entertainment industry in LA.

I am 43 and way to young to retire. I have a wife and two small children.

Do what you need to do and take care of your self first. Where ever you move I know that you will spread the word. Others need to know what life is like here in California.

I moved to los Angels in 2005 from Chicago. I didn't have a clue about the invasion until I got to California. When we had the May day march of 500K Mexicans marching in the streets of LA in 2006 I woke up.

The economy in my area has been in the toilet since 2008, and I don't see it getting better. I have no doubt that most of us are going to be in a perpetual survival mode for decades, maybe forever. Unfortunatly for me I don't see a better income anywhere else. I mean at least there is some work for an artist in the LA entertainment economy, although the cost of housing dosn't justify the income most of us are earning. 2011 prices with 1999 incomes.

I won't complain though, My friends back in Chicago Illinois are not doing better. Thats why I won't go back.

I am seeing that I have no where else to go, so I am going to stay.

The Mexicans and the liberal elite want whites like you and I in California to leave, but I am stubborn enough and ornery enough to want to stay just to give them the finger.

kathy 63 What ever decision you make I know you will be fine. I have no doubt that where ever you land you will probably open a new Save our State chapter in that place.

If you are retiring, California is the last place to live. Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nevada,Most of the midwest like Oklahoma and Kansas are much better options.

Best of luck, I know that you will be fine!

willworkforfood
05-17-2011, 03:56 AM
"Move to Georgia!"

ohighlass
05-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I wish I could go, too. I cannot believe all the crap you had to endure at your shop. Check out Texas - no state tax!