PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Fears Libyan Attrocities; Justifies US Action

Ayatollahgondola
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Clinton says that "we have every reason to fear that left unchecked, Gadhafi will commit unspeakable atrocities."
Sound anything like Bush yet?

ilbegone
03-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe so.

However, rather than enforce a no fly zone we don't have the money to enforce plus all the thousands of Libyans we would have to kill to do it, why not follow up on Reagan's warning to Gadhaffi?

After Reagan bombed Libya in the early 80's, Gadhaffi was sent a video tape of the exact location he was sleeping that night - with that exposed location directly in the cross hairs of an aerial weapons platform.

Then Gadhaffi shut up and kept a much lower profile for about thirty years - until Obama got into office.

All it should cost us to finish up what Reagan delivered to the Libiyan maniac is a cruise missle delivered up his ass.

Then it's a done deal.

Don
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Thank God they've finally gotten the nerve to start bombing the Hell out of Libya.

I feel safer now. I was afraid Libya was going to invade us and take away our democracy and freedom.

Rim05
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I thought we were so broke we could not afford TP for bath rooms.
Why can't we use what ever we are spending in Libya to secure our border? What are we going to do when we have the same thing happen in the US?
The people of Libya knew they could not over throw the government before they started the fight. I heard one of the protester yell "Where is Obama?".