PDA

View Full Version : Deputies Seize Nearly 700 Pounds of Marijuana from 3 U.S. Soldiers

Jeanfromfillmore
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Deputies Seize Nearly 700 Pounds of Marijuana from 3 U.S. Soldiers
Updated: Wednesday, 18 Nov 2009, 6:44 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 18 Nov 2009, 12:14 PM MST
PHOENIX - Three Army soldiers were among those arrested during Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's most recent crime sweep.
Deputies arrested the three soldiers on drug, money laundering and conspiracy charges.
The soldiers, Dwayne Campbell, Llewellyn Stamoulis and Romaine May were discovered to have 680 pounds of marijuana and $10,000 in cash during a traffic stop in north Phoenix.
They were wearing military clothing and identified themselves with U.S. Government-issued military identification. The driver of that vehicle was also charged with driving on a suspended driver's license.
The bundles of marijuana were hidden in army duffel bags.
All three suspects say they are stationed in New York. They say they flew to Tucson to pick up the drugs from another serviceman, then rented an SUV to drive the drugs across the country.
"All three occupants said they served duty in Afghanistan," says Arpaio. He says these arrests prove he doesn't target illegal immigrants during his controversial crime sweeps.
"It is during the enforcement of minor traffic violations like cracked windshields and broken tail lights that deputies come across offenders of more serious crimes like drug smugglers, human smugglers, and perhaps even murderers," Sheriff Arpaio says.
The Sheriff also stated that despite criticism of his suppression operations from the Obama administration, he will continue to conduct crime sweeps and enforce all aspects of illegal immigration laws.
Over the course of the crime sweep, 51 suspects were arrested, including 37 illegal aliens.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/crime_sweep_111809

JB_Parrothead
11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Go Sheriff JOE!!!!Why can't he be the head of The Department of Homeland Security??

Patriotic Army Mom
11-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Go Joe, this crap will create morons out of our kids. And please, no one tell me that it isn't addicting. I'm not in mood.
Drugs kill and ruin families.

Kathy63
12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
As I read the names of those he caught, I decided, I'm not gonna say a thing.

Go Joe, we need more like you.