PDA

View Full Version : Texas College Scholarship Targets Only White Male Students

Jeanfromfillmore
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Texas College Scholarship Targets Only White Male Students
Only white men with a 3.0 grade-point average can apply for a new scholarship being offered by a Texas nonprofit group, the Austin American-Statesman reports.
Colby Bohannan, a Texas State University student, said he founded the Former Majority Association for Equality group after fighting in the Iraq war and returning home to find no college scholarships available for white males like himself -- only women and minorities.
"I felt excluded," Bohannon, a student at Texas State University, told the newspaper. "If everyone else can find scholarships, why are we left out?"
Bohannon went on to say that he and his friends will begin handing out $500 scholarships this summer, arguing that white male students now make up a minority group in Texas.
School officials have so far not taken issue with the group's objective, saying the scholarship is no different from one offered to students from different ethnic groups.
"From the university's standpoint, we can't take issue with a scholarship offered to a certain group," Joanne Smith, Texas State University's vice president of student affairs, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/28/texas-college-scholarship-targets-white-male-students/#ixzz1FIONcvkN

rs232c
03-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Don't get it, what's the problem? White Guilt? The United Negro College fund doesn't specify blacks anymore?

I thought if you gave away your money for any legal purpose there we no legal restrictions to who you gave it too.

ilbegone
03-10-2011, 06:19 AM
There is a point being made here.

I believe that it violates the civil rights act, but so does every other of the ubiquitous race and gender based scholarships that gives preference to everyone but whites and white males in particular.

The best way to do it would be to base scholarships exclusively on grades and test scores instead of passing over more qualified applicants in order to meet a racial goal.

We've been beat to hell by our own politicians and American business - which has lead to our recession. However, business has been saying that they can't get qualified people, that's their justification for flooding the market with foreign white collar visa labor. Dumbing down education by instituting racial agenda only helps business screw us more.

Maybe lawsuits need to be filed regarding the racial nature of most scholarships in America - racial scholarships and racial quotas of any nature is against the civil rights act.

Don
03-10-2011, 06:28 PM
A couple of years ago I was in Subway ordering lunch, and they had brochures for a Hispanic scholarships based on a racial qualification. The sponsors were big corporations, like Bank of America, etc.

Now some white guy finds his voice gets up off his knees and stops crawling and wants to help white people and everybody is screaming about racism! What a joke.

Jews get their own country, funded by millions of dumb American goyim who are not Jewish and if we complain we're told to shut the hell up because it's "anti-semitism" to criticize Jews, and by the way don't let any of them hear you say "Merry Christmas" in public because that's anti-semitism too.

Whites are being relegated to second class citizenship and the outcry over a simple scholarship is emblematic of it.

Patriotic Army Mom
03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
You are sure right. As a matter of fact, does anyone know of the 43 schools in California back in the 40's that were segregated? I was born in Los Angeles and have never heard of this, but this is being taught in one of my girls Spanish classes. More has been said, but I'll leave it at this for right now. Also tell your kids not to ask about the Confederate Era as your child could possible be expelled from school for being a racist. This also happened in another Spanish class in the same school by another Spanish teacher. Of course it's ok to say how great other countries are and America is not.