PDA

View Full Version : Shawna Forde Sentenced To Die!

Eagle1
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Tucson-jury-sentences-border-activist-to-death-116676829.html

Border activist becomes 3rd woman on death row after Tucson jury's sentence
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- An Arizona jury has sentenced a border activist to death in the 2009 murder of a young girl and her father.

The Pima County Attorney's Office said Tuesday the Tucson jury returned the death penalty verdict against Shawna Forde. She now becomes the third woman on Arizona's death row.

The jury deliberated four just four hours over two days before arriving at their decision.

Forde, 43, was convicted last week of first-degree murder and other charges in the May 2009 home invasion in Arivaca, a desert community about 10 miles north of Mexico.

Raul Flores, 29, and his 9-year-old daughter, Brisenia, were killed in the robbery.

Gina Gonzalez, Flores' wife and Brisenia's mother, was also shot during the home invasion, but she survived and testified against Forde. She told the court she played dead and listened to Brisenia plead for her life.

While Forde's lawyers argued that Forde was never inside the house, prosecutors said she was the one who was behind the attack.

Forde's attorneys also said the Forde had a personality disorder in the wake of abuse she suffered as a child.

Forde reportedly launched her own anti-illegal immigrant vigilante group after being expelled from the well-known Minutemen Civil Defense Corps in 2007. According to Chris Simcox, the leader of the Minutemen, Forde allegedly lied and pretended to be a senior leader of the group.

The mission of her group, Forde reportedly told people, would be going after the drug cartels.

The two men who allegedly dressed as law-enforcement officers and broke into the Flores home with Forde -- Jason Eugene Bush, believed to be the gunman, and Albert Robert Gaxiola -- are scheduled to go on trial this spring.

Like Forde, both men could face the death penalty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video of Shawna Forde with audio clip of 911 call: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Vigilante-group-leader-sentenced-in-deaths-of-man-girl-in-Arivaca-116208024.html

Eagle1
02-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Reactions to the death sentencing of Shawna Forde have begun appearing on the web.

This one from WGEN's mailing:

-------------------------------------------------------

Now for the GOOD NEWS - SHAWNA FORDE was sentenced to death .. that only means in most cases that she will still live many more years at our expense. I rec'd so many emails with different articles attached to them yesterday that I decided to wait until today to post them out - in one email.

What I found in reading over the many articles is how the connection to Jim Gilchrist was all but eliminated - I find that VERY STRANGE indeed as there was a close relationship between Shawna Forde and Jim Gilchrist. Some writers did mention Chris Simcox but ignored the Gilchrist tie.

Make note that Shawna Forde was figured out early by the GOOD GUYS and they distanced themselves from her very early. She was and is a nut case that brought nothing good to any thing or place she went near.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The pictures below were labeled as: Shawna The Yolks On You, and This is what's ahead for her in prison.
--------------------------------------------------

Ayatollahgondola
02-23-2011, 07:05 AM
I cannot believe the defense counsel used that cry-baby tactic of "her abused past". I think the public is fed up with that, true or no, and Arizona seems to be fed up with criminals of any sort. Let's face one thing; there was a jury, and the defense had a hand in picking it, so this trial was at least as legit as they come these days.

Eagle1
02-23-2011, 08:02 AM
I am still reeling from the ugliness of the Shawna Forde drama.America's men and women who went to the borders and protested illegal immigration have always been a law abiding, decent people.

The always stated position of not being vigilantes was and has been a noted part of the movement meant to protect everyone. Observe and report only! Thats what we were told.

In abandoning that very principle Shawna Forde set the stage for the deaths of a young man, his daughter and three others...her alleged crew of two and herself.

Shocking beyond belief and tragic to its very end the case if properly tried
and concluded leaves us with a picture of a woman that decided to be hangman and jury to those she chose as the subjects of her brand of justice.

In all it can be safely said that Shawna Forde became a liability to the movement she entered into.

From her fiasco in Washington where claims were made that she had been shot by illegals to the sentencing in a Tucson courtroom where she was sentenced to die, Shawna's life appears to have been laden with tragedy.

Rather than lead it would have been wiser for her to follow those with a keener sense of what is right.

Brisenia Flores, the nine year old daughter of twenty-nine year old Raul Flores, according to testimony given, begged for her life just before she was shot in the face. Brisenia's face was torn in half leaving just enough to identify her. Brisenia died. That in itself makes me angry enough to want the death sentence for anyone involved in something so horrific.

Yet I am also bothered by the attitude of those who express delight over Forde's present situation. If indeed justice has been served why is there a need to gloat???

Are there going to be "Shawna jokes" authored by some in the anti-illegal immigration movement? Will Christians in this movement reach out to Shawna
or will they forsake her in a manner that separates them from Christ's teachings? I am sure that we will see a bit of everything.

In particular those who want to assure safety for themselves from government agencies and murderous individuals will resort to some final spitting on Shawna Forde. What better way to claim ones integrity?

Fast forward to the day that Shawna gets the needle in the arm. What will she be thinking? What will the vultures in the movement say?

As Shawna lays dieing in a prison and her last thoughts float through her concious mind before going dark hundreds of government officials will be dining, laughing, loving and enjoying the gift of life. Yet they are responsible for thousands of American deaths at the hands of illegal aliens.

They will be paid by us. They will be applauded by those Americans who do not acknowledge their treachery and murderous cunning.

No needle for them.....just some more champagne and good times.

Jeanfromfillmore
02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Charles Manson and his whole crew didn't get the death penalty. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but just comparing two different crimes, and the horror of both.

Arizona sure doesn't mess around. I really look up to that state's courage on so many fronts.

Eagle1
02-24-2011, 07:29 AM
I cannot believe the defense counsel used that cry-baby tactic of "her abused past".

I agree that it was a desperate attempt to spare her life. That at least gives me a clue that her lawyer tried his best. It was indeed a ridiculous and unacceptable defense, "abused past".

Eagle1
02-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Charles Manson and his whole crew didn't get the death penalty. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but just comparing two different crimes, and the horror of both.

Arizona sure doesn't mess around. I really look up to that state's courage on so many fronts.

The leadership in AZ is the only one in all of the USA to take on the Feds on a number of issues. They are moving fast as the rest of the states watch.
God bless AZ.

PochoPatriot
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Charles Manson and his whole crew didn't get the death penalty.

I can't speak for Atkins, Krenwinkle, Van Houten or Watkins, but Manson was sentenced to death on April 19, 1971. That sentence, however, was reduced to life when the California Supreme Court ruled the death penalty unconstitutional on Feb. 18, 1972.

LAPhil
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I have to agree with just about everything that's been said here. This woman deserves no sympathy as far as I'm concerned, and the only regret I have is that she shared a cause with us which was blighted by her existence. The world will be a better place without this monster.

Jeanfromfillmore
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I can't speak for Atkins, Krenwinkle, Van Houten or Watkins, but Manson was sentenced to death on April 19, 1971. That sentence, however, was reduced to life when the California Supreme Court ruled the death penalty unconstitutional on Feb. 18, 1972.Thank you for clearing that up. I'm not happy that we taxpayers are supporting them for all these years with medical, food and housing etc. When it is so obvious that the person did the horrendous crimes such as these, it's time for the needle.

LAPhil
02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Too bad they can't make it retroactive.

wetibbe
03-01-2011, 05:42 AM
I didn't follow all of this very closely, just bits and pieces.

Didn't know her. Can't say very much. But----------------

Chris Simcox did more damage to the Minuteman cause.

So far as her heinous crime is concerned I note the shock and disgust. However, as big a monster as she may be, the illegal aliens make her look like Cinderella by comparison. Take for example Angel Rescindez, the Railroad killer.

Why do we not see more harsh sentences handed down to the aliens ?

How can we go on tolerating the thousands of American deaths at aliens hands.

I actually have myself half way convinced that all of these drunk driving vehicular homicide are not accidental but rather premeditated suicide driver/bombers. As such the sentence should be equal to her's.