PDA

View Full Version : Fox 40 News Crew Attacked By Mob In Shooting Aftermath

Ayatollahgondola
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM
This link probably won't stay active for too long, but the long and the short of it was the news crew showed up to film a gathering in memorial of a shooting victim at IHOP, and a mob mentality took over, similar to that Egyptian thing

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-fox40-crew-attacked-in-natomas-20110220,0,1215260.story

Jeanfromfillmore
02-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Wow, one of the first thing out of one of the attackers is "you white" meaning because they were white, they weren't allowed to talk to them or be around. That was just so ugly.

ilbegone
02-21-2011, 05:24 AM
My laptop reset while watching the clips for about the sixth time and the sound quit working, I didn't get the full quote from the first aggressive woman, and neither clip shows everything. There are a couple of holes in the video clips, such as neither one shows the camera woman being kicked in the face while she is down as stated by the reporter (or show anyone in a real position to do so) or the full confrontation between the first aggressive woman and the news crew.

Watching both clips, I believe the real issue was about the camera coming in close with a sense of intrusion on something very personal. There were a couple of white people in the crowd, maybe they were known to the crowd and there were white people walking in the near vicinity. Note the white guy who attempted to hold back the woman in green (who was prominently involved), no one was after him, and the way "green" brushed him off she clearly didn't have an issue with him - and a white woman walked her away from the crew at the end. Additionally, members of the crowd did intervene on behalf of the crew throughout the incident - it could have been much worse. The three or so black women at the end of the incident who were earnestly and in a non-threatening manner explaining to the white camera woman that she didn't understand what was going on were touching her in a very non hostile manner.

The first clip, shot by the close in camera, conveniently cuts into the scene with the black woman aggressively addressing the crew. What did she mean when she said "I don't have to, this is public you white, and I'm here talking shit" (as well as maybe something about privacy and something like "you can't make me"?)? The clip doesn't show what happened before that scene, such as any questions or statements by the reporter. She does seem to have a racial chip on her shoulder and she's a convenient figure to to pin race aggression on the crowd. She might just be a nut who functioned as a catalyst to a bunch of angry, hurt in the heart people.

The second clip, shot by another crew, shows the crew approaching the woman from behind. The reaction by the man in purple, on the other side, prompted the aggressive woman to turn around. The clip then tracks the man in purple for a moment and focuses on the left side crowd, oblivious to the real action until the man in purple circles around and approaches to push the close in camera. It's a mix from then on, and one might draw different conclusion by watching just one of the clips.

There may have been underlying race issues with some which contributed to the problem, but race doesn't seem to me to be the primary issue.

Ayatollahgondola
02-21-2011, 05:47 AM
There may have been underlying race issues with some which contributed to the problem, but race doesn't seem to me to be the primary issue.

No, maybe not. Natomas, the area in which this took place, is full of low-lifes, ghetto dwellers, gang activity, and high density apartment housing. They're all races, but whitey is still the cause of all their woes. You hear it from the white ones too. As long as someone of stature is white, an outsider, and representing "the problem", they are going to be subject to racial attacks...even from the white people in the mob.
I used to go through this area daily up until a year ago, and I did eat at that IHOP sometimes. That particular part of Natomas is all industrial and retail, but the apartments and close in housing is just a short hop away. Sacramento is finding out what happens when you just try to warehouse the poor, and massage their failings. We've had quite a number of personal fler-ups that end in tragedy lately. I doubt we've scratched the surface of what's coming though

ilbegone
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
...As long as someone of stature is white, an outsider, and representing "the problem", they are going to be subject to racial attacks...even from the white people in the mob....

...Sacramento is finding out what happens when you just try to warehouse the poor, and massage their failings...

This is suggestive of class resentment.

I tend not to trust nor like reporters myself, as I believe a significant number of them are clueless hacks with a brainwashed agenda who spout canned opinion masquerading as journalism.

But why would some of the crowd turn on the crew out of class envy while they were mourning a friend? The media is normally very friendly to the "downtrodden".

Ayatollahgondola
02-21-2011, 06:16 AM
But why would some of the crowd turn on the crew out of class envy while they were mourning a friend? The media is normally very friendly to the "downtrodden".

Because they're white, outsiders, and handy as hell when you're needing to blow off some steam. Plus, who knows what cultural or procedural faux pas the crew may have made in their initial contact with the mob? It is precisely this type of mentality that could have preceeded the shooting at the core of this event. You look the wrong way at someone, say the wrong thing, or even wear the wrong clothes, and you're already on their shit list