PDA

View Full Version : Deport Luis, Esq.

DerailAmnesty.com
11-26-2010, 09:15 AM
It finally happened. It was only a question of time. A wannabe "undocumented" lawyer.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tobar-20101126,0,1358739.column?page=1

Twoller
11-26-2010, 10:08 AM
From that link,

His family crossed the border illegally when he was an 8-year-old, but he has done everything right since then. Will his adopted country now do right by him?

Adopted? More like raped by his parents.

ilbegone
11-27-2010, 07:13 AM
This one is not the norm concerning the level of education Luis has attained.

However, I do know people who are like him in the respect that they think in English and have lost the ability to communicate well in Spanish in spite of having Mexican national parents, and are suspended to various degrees between the cultures while not wholly belonging to either one.

I believe the Dream act to be a fraud, with more holes in it than Swiss cheese. However the sin was committed by the parents, not the son.

So, as as I have stated before, I believe people like Luis should be granted permanent, irrevocable legal status with citizen rights just short of voting after the Federal government has demonstrated that it will indeed enforce immigration law concerning employers and deportation of all who came here illegally as adults - including those who fraudulently obtained naturalization.

And after the practice of chain migration has been eliminated.

And throw his parents out yesterday. Luis can visit them in Mexico.

Ayatollahgondola
11-27-2010, 07:31 AM
The open borders lobby is using people like him as bait,

The press is chock full of these stories lately, and nary a word about all the offspring of illegals who are filling the jails, juvenile halls, and probation courts. For every one Luis there is a thousand tha aren't exhibiting the slightest inclination towards assimilation. When I see deception on this scale, I assume the whole plan is fraudulent. Boot the kid; he's a trojan horse. One life is not a reason to place the whole country in danger, for if it were, we'd retract every soldier from Iraq. Boot the kid; Make an example of him to the OBL, to Mexico, to the treasonous members of congress, and to every person thinking of crossing the border illegally or overstaying a visa.

ilbegone
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
For every one Luis there is a thousand tha aren't exhibiting the slightest inclination towards assimilation.

I've been around quite a few who do, and I've also known some who would pretend not to be in a process of assimilation.

Gang bangers, other criminals, and those who refuse to become minimily educated - throw them out as well as their illegal parents.

The others who are regular people and can be productive to society, let them be, and they are there.

We come from different perspectives based on our differing life experiences.

As far as making an example to a treasonous congress, I'm afraid it would be first necessary to make an example of treasonous congressmen in front of congress as well as the nation. Nothing will ever be done without tuning up the whores inhabiting capitol hill.

DerailAmnesty.com
11-27-2010, 12:42 PM
The open borders lobby is using people like him as bait,

The press is chock full of these stories lately, and nary a word about all the offspring of illegals who are filling the jails, juvenile halls, and probation courts.

Bullseye. Dead on the money.

The marketing of the DREAM Act is very consistent. They gather together the absolute cream of the crop and shove them in front of camera lenses. Then tales of hardship, dedication, perseverance and allegiance to American values are trumpeted about.

And the inference from these stories and all sorts of promotional videos is that there are legions of such like-situated invdividuals with similar credentials.

Here's reality: Illegal aliens like this nice young man, who hold or will attain professional or graduate degrees from top 20 universities, are a tiny fraction of the millions who would be granted legal residency by the DREAM Act.

The DREAM Act doesn't require that an illegal alien:

Have a H.S. diploma (GED's are accepted).
Attend a four year institution
Obtain a Bachelors or Associate Arts degree
Study a field or subject for which the U.S. currently has a need/shortage (i.e. Math, Nursing, etc.)

If the DREAM Act only legalized folks with this kid's credentials or the equivalent, we'd be talking about letting in MAYBE in the low five figures ... probably not even that. And if this was the case, the DREAM Act would've likely been passed years ago (presuming there was no chain migration).

REWHBLCAIN
11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
ya, that's all we need is another lawyer. :p

ilbegone
11-28-2010, 06:44 AM
ya, that's all we need is another lawyer. :p

In spite of my belief that the young man should stay he is uncomfortably different from others I know, I see an eventual pro bono immigration attorney in this one.