PDA

View Full Version : Feinstien stops imminent deportation of illegal in S.F.

DerailAmnesty.com
11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Thank God our senators are addressing California's most pressing problems by intervening in the deportation of illegal aliens!

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_16664227?source=rss_viewed

LAPhil
11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
There's something wrong with this picture. The parents have to go back to China even though they fled to Peru to get away from there, but their son gets a pass and is allowed to stay here? Where is Di Fi's compassion for the parents? Or is China on her politically correct list of countries?

Twoller
11-22-2010, 01:07 PM
There's something wrong with this picture. The parents have to go back to China even though they fled to Peru to get away from there, but their son gets a pass and is allowed to stay here? Where is Di Fi's compassion for the parents? Or is China on her politically correct list of countries?

What makes you think they fled from China? Do you think they have a legal immigration status in Peru? If they are illegal immigrants in Peru, we can't send them back there.

Not everybody leaving China is a political dissadent. There is a thriving black market trade in Chinese illegals that contribute to black market labor in the US, just like from South and Central America. Many of the Chinese illegals go through Canada and not just the southern US border.

LAPhil
11-22-2010, 01:16 PM
What makes you think they fled from China? Do you think they have a legal immigration status in Peru? If they are illegal immigrants in Peru, we can't send them back there.

Not everybody leaving China is a political dissadent. There is a thriving black market trade in Chinese illegals that contribute to black market labor in the US, just like from South and Central America. Many of the Chinese illegals go through Canada and not just the southern US border.
I was just going by what the article said.

Twoller
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I was just going by what the article said.

You are right, from the article, "The parents have been ordered to return to China, where they lived before they fled to Peru."

And so your observation is all the more relevent. Why wouldn't Feinstein push the sympathy button for the parents fleeing China? And why isn't she doing anything about the parents at all?

But the fact that the parents slipped into the US illegally after "fleeing" to Peru is pretty suspicious. If they were really fleeing persecution and all they really wanted was refuge or relief from the Chinese authorities, why wouldn't Peru be enough? Feinstein was probably worried about bringing the whole refugee/asylum issue to the public's attention. It is serious problem in Australia, for example.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/19/AR2010111905937.html

I am generally not sympathetic to asylum seekers. The whole thing has gotten out of hand and is pretty much just a pretext to immigrate for social advancement, or worse.

LAPhil
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
But the fact that the parents slipped into the US illegally after "fleeing" to Peru is pretty suspicious. If they were really fleeing persecution and all they really wanted was refuge or relief from the Chinese authorities, why wouldn't Peru be enough?
You got me there, I hadn't even thought of that.

Rim05
11-22-2010, 07:20 PM
This is not the first time Di has done this. A few years ago I wrote her about it and she did not send me a from letter, she told me how she thought the person should have a chance to stay here. Told me she will continue to advocate for him. That 'he' was an illegal Hispanic.

Patriotic Army Mom
11-23-2010, 07:24 AM
May her turkey explode on her Thanksgiving table.

LAPhil
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
May her turkey explode on her Thanksgiving table.
I think she is the turkey.