PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Housing Chief Salary 450K Per Year

Ayatollahgondola
11-11-2010, 07:55 AM
The los Angeles Housing chief recently came under fire for evicting 7 protesters who showed up at his house. The protesters' main complaint was they were being evicted unfairly, and not the exhorbitant salary paid to an administrator.
This is what we are importing still. People whose main objective is getting free or cut rate sevices. They don't care what the eventual costs are at all, as long as they get by.
This is why Bush kept saying he was not going to stop good hearted folks who are coming here to work hard and pay taxes.

ilbegone
11-11-2010, 11:46 AM
The los Angeles Housing chief recently came under fire for evicting 7 protesters who showed up at his house. The protesters' main complaint was they were being evicted unfairly, and not the exhorbitant salary paid to an administrator.
This is what we are importing still. People whose main objective is getting free or cut rate sevices. They don't care what the eventual costs are at all, as long as they get by.
This is why Bush kept saying he was not going to stop good hearted folks who are coming here to work hard and pay taxes.

Do you have a link to this story?

I believe this sort of thing is why LA is going broke - subsidizing imported poverty, people who take more than they give.

As well as people like the "chief" getting 450k for being a glorified clerk.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

Ayatollahgondola
11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Do you have a link to this story?.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-la-housing-20101111,0,627653.story

ilbegone
11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-la-housing-20101111,0,627653.story

I read that article.

If it is anywhere close to relating the attitudes of elected officials in Los Angeles and tenants of public housing...

I can't even begin to describe how the lunacy struck me.

So happens when the system inevitably melts down in California? Janice Hahn, Alarcon, and the rest of those goofball city council members had best keep their running shoes on because their pet mob is going to take it far beyond the 1st amendment.

Rim05
11-12-2010, 08:27 AM
All those earning salaries from City, State or Federal are being paid too much.

All those getting benefits should be very glad they get any thing. They don't care what the taxpaying public must do to survive, just keep the benefits coming for them. I wonder if any of them realize where the funds to support their rent comes from, I don't think they care.

Jeanfromfillmore
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
This is part of an article I wrote here in Fillmore. I covered the City Council meeting and the Redevelopment Agency Board which was asked to convert an Agency loan to a Grant due to present economic downturn. In 2007, the Agency conveyed the land to the Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (Developer) for the purpose of construction 8 units for sale to extremely low and very low income families (Affordable Units), and made a loan to Developer in the amount of $1,318,348 (Agency Loan). The Agency also agreed to assist homebuyers with additional loans of $50,000 per unit (Homebuyers Loans). Since 2007 the estimated fair market value of the unites has dropped by approximately 50%, and like many similar projects started at the height of the real estate market, the project can no longer be sold for what it cost to build. The Developer has requested that the Agency convert its Agency Loan and some of the Homebuyers Loans to non-repayable grants.
The Developer has made similar requests to the other governmental lenders to the project, and the County of Ventura has agreed. The Developer has agreed to cover any cash shortfall up to $5,000 per unit from the sale of the Affordable Units and to reduce its Developer Fee of $150,000 to $30,000.
The Developer has not identified buyers for 4 of the units, 2 of which are currently to be sold to households earning no more than 45% of Area Median Income (AMI). The Developer has requested that if such households cannot be located by December 31, 2010 it be permitted to sell those two units to households earning up to 50% of AMI which would broaden the number of potential buyers.
The Council had no choice but to approve the conversion or lose over a million dollars of City funds. The conversion was unanimously approved by the Council, but not without a scolding of the Developer by Mayor Walker and the rest of the Council. Mayor Walker let it be known of her disapproval of the so called “affordable” housing selling for over $400,000 per unit at the height of the market. All Council Members were in agreement with the Mayor.

But the bottom line is that the City and the few tax paying residents (remember this town has only 16,000 residents, many living on HUD/Welfare/SSI etc) are the ones left holding the bag on these "Low Income" scams. This town is barely holding on. The new pool, which has barely been opened for a year, will be closing for all the winter months due to no funds. Yet, go down any street and you'll see strowler after strowler, many are double strowlers, with a pregnant woman pushing them and at least one or two kids in tow.

Fillmore is an incorporated city, so the buck stops at the City Council. It is a perfect microcosm of California.