PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Brown

admin
09-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Here's an opportunity to flesh out any issues with Brown's candidacy. Brown is the only one in the race for Governor that has held office before, So there should be lots of historical references following him. How does his history stack up against his promises in the past? What are his current platforms? Can he be trusted? Has he previously been a rubber stamp for the democrats? That's a big consideration these days. How would a brown win affect Save Our State faithful?

Beaner
09-30-2010, 07:17 PM
If it's Brown, flush it!

Ayatollahgondola
09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
If it's Brown, flush it!

So what do you remember about Brown?

Beaner
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Which one, Jerry or his father? JB is responsible for the unionization of state government workers. Need I say more? Or should I mention Rose Bird? JB is actually a master at taking a populist position, and then subverting that position behind the scenes. JB was opposed to the death penalty, but said he would follow the will of the people. He then appointed Rose Bird and snuffed out the death penalty. At least JB is pro Second Amendment.

Ayatollahgondola
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Which one, Jerry or his father? JB is responsible for the unionization of state government workers. Need I say more? Or should I mention Rose Bird? JB is actually a master at taking a populist position, and then subverting that position behind the scenes. JB was opposed to the death penalty, but said he would follow the will of the people. He then appointed Rose Bird and snuffed out the death penalty. At least JB is pro Second Amendment.

He could do the same to the second amendment, eh?

Beaner
09-30-2010, 07:50 PM
He could do the same to the second amendment, eh?

Doubtful. As Attorney General he was very supportive of the Second Amendment. He wrote supporting briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases before the Supreme Court, and supported an individuals right to keep and bear arms. JB was also instrumental in putting a muzzle on the DOJ Bureau of Firearms, and essentially reduce the BOF to a shell of what it was prior to his tenure as AG.

Ayatollahgondola
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Doubtful. As Attorney General he was very supportive of the Second Amendment. He wrote supporting briefs in the Heller and McDonald cases before the Supreme Court, and supported an individuals right to keep and bear arms. JB was also instrumental in putting a muzzle on the DOJ Bureau of Firearms, and essentially reduce the BOF to a shell of what it was prior to his tenure as AG.

And how would you explain his logic when his general bent is so liberal

Kathy63
10-02-2010, 09:29 AM

You are absolutely right. He is a master at taking a public opinion and subverrting it behind the scenes, which is what he did with second amendment issues.

http://www.examiner.com/la-in-los-angeles/jerry-brown-flunks-gun-rights-test-ab1934

When Rose Bird was unceremoniously dumped Brown said that it wasn't because of her extreme anti death penalty views, it was because business interests campaigned against her. Jerry Brown like many other democrats feel that the state is benefitted by every company that leaves the state. It's his job to force them out.

Borderwatch
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Jerry Brown is "shovel ready."

I remember before prop 13, during Jerry Brown, my parents and their friends were afraid to improve their property because of you pulled a permit, they would reassess your property and raise your taxes.

I remember little old ladies in Watts getting evicted from homes they had paid off because they could not pay the property taxes.

ohighlass
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
They brought up Brown's stance on mammograms from the 90's. He thought they were not useful enough since there were so many false positives. The sound bite was from a William F Buckley show called "Firing Line." He promptly dismissed the breast cancer survivors present with his usual snarky attitude. I think he probably still feels the same, and that his snarky attitude has matured along with his hair color (and his eyebrows); especially since the health care reform being shoved down our throats agrees with this view. Obama has mentioned that mammograms were no longer very relevent for women in their 40's anymore due to the same false postive predictors. This is just a money saving scheme in my opinion.

They also mentioned that it was Brown's wife that called Meg a w****. Now, were is Gloria Allred when you need her, or the NWO, for that matter???

BTW, I always thought that Brown was homosexual - news of a wife was, well, actually, news to me today. LOL:p

Twoller
10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Other more reliable rumors said that he was a pedophile. Recall his priestly amibitions at one time. There was supposed to have been some kind of relationship between he and Linda Ronstadt that was propped up, or mocked, when Linda Ronstadt showed up in concert once in a Boy Scout uniform.

DerailAmnesty.com
10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
New poll shows Brown has taken an 8 point lead over Meg "McCain" Whitman. Apparently, his boost in numbers has occurred since Nicky Diaz told her sob stories. The votes swinging to Brown are largely Latino.

Also, Babs is now up by 5 points on Carly.

http://californiawatch.org/watchblog/brown-widens-leads-over-whitman-new-poll-5916

Rim05
10-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Apparently, his boost in numbers has occurred since Nicky Diaz told her sob stories. The votes swinging to Brown are largely Latino.

I am not sure what has caused the swing however, what does the very negative campaign ads do to/for you? They make me want to never vote for that/all those people.
I cannot wait for Nov. 3 2010.

LAPhil
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Here's a video which just surfaced where Jerry Brown admitted he lied to get elected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjZZZV5Ack

DerailAmnesty.com
10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
The campaigns are letting loose with their final punches. That much is evident on the So. California airwaves. And in this instance, I'm referring to FM, not AM.

On my drive home from Newport Beach yesterday morning I heard:

- An add on a Spanish language station for Jerry Brown, that said "Meg Whitman" twice and "Pete Wilson" three times.

- An ad on Jill FM (92.7) promoting Meg Whitman as someone against illegal immigration and amnesty. Jerry Brown was described, in this ad, as having done nothing about sanctuary cities while Attorney General, and a person in favor of financial aid for illegals going to college.

- An ad on K-DAY (93.5), by Barack Obama no less, voicing the praises of Barbara Boxer. He spoke about the importance of black folks coming to the polls on Tues. so this country won't "go backwards."

Ayatollahgondola
10-29-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm already regurgitating commercials, and I barely watch TV or listen to the radion anymore. With most of the candidates falling into my "shithead" category, it's not very good listening or watching. I am glad to have read that Whitman actualy stated that her former maid should be deported. That may actually sway me a bit, but we'll see what happens on or before election day. Otherwise it's a boycott for governor

LAPhil
10-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm already regurgitating commercials, and I barely watch TV or listen to the radion anymore. With most of the candidates falling into my "shithead" category, it's not very good listening or watching. I am glad to have read that Whitman actualy stated that her former maid should be deported. That may actually sway me a bit, but we'll see what happens on or before election day. Otherwise it's a boycott for governor
Unfortunately, and especially in California, there's never a real clear choice. However, in this case, even though she may be considered the lesser of two evils by some, I consider Meg Whitman a hell of lot "less evil" than Jerry Brown and I still plan to vote for her.

wetibbe
10-30-2010, 05:56 AM
As to Jerry Browns life and lifestyle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brown there surely are some eyebrow raising comments in Wikipedia about his lifestyle, comrades and partners and marital status !!!!!!!!! Apparentrly Jerry is pals with Gavin Newsome also and Newsome has bigger political aspirations. Good heavens !!!!!

Do any of you West Coast fellows remember New Jerseys Governor Jim McGreevy ? A flaming homo, with male lover, who married a woman as a cover. He got exposed and his wife didn't know anything about his secret life. She sued for divorce. One never knows in politics what pig in a poke will emerge. Just look at Obama for example.

So far as our Carl Paladino is concerned we now have more and better information about his bio-data and background. And I feel a lot more confident now. He served in the regular military, rose to Captain, is actually a lawyer with his own law firm and was a very successful businessman.

Both he and Cuomo are of Italian ancestry so those two paisano's are slugging it out. Unfortunately Paladino is trailing Cuomo in the polls.

ilbegone
10-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Both he and Cuomo are of Italian ancestry so those two paisano's are slugging it out.

They might have Italian ancestry, but they are not "paisanos". Ship 'em to Italy and find out just how "Italian" real Italians will regard them.

A flaming homo, with male lover, who married a woman as a cover. He got exposed and his wife didn't know anything about his secret life. She sued for divorce.

A couple of observations.

Either that is one very stupid woman (public "flaming homo" for a husband in politics) or the man is bisexual with an extremely good cover act (not publicly "flaming", fooled the general public too).

Or she knew, acted surprised when word of the male lover got out, and filed for divorce in order to extract a fortune by way of the court.

Kathy63
10-31-2010, 07:57 AM
If there is anything you can count on, it's California polls being unreliable. I see that Whitman somehow gained ten points on Brown overnight and they are now four points apart.

We might get a better idea of what the polls say if we got a chance to see the raw data. We don't. We get the results after they are weighted and adjusted according to several criteria including registered voters and demographics.

This election will turn on who shows up and votes. That's what's going to make a difference and nothing else.

Rim05
10-31-2010, 08:14 AM
This election will turn on who shows up and votes. That's what's going to make a difference and nothing else.

Sounds right to me.