PDA

View Full Version : Whay to call it, scary, disturbing, objectionable ?

wetibbe
09-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Talk about a shock !

Periodically I Google various names to obtain information. For example I Googled Chris Simcox's wife since she got an order of protectionism. And I heard she was a negro, very rich. Seems he had two of them.

Sometimes I Google my name and this time I really got a shock. This is something new. Blimey, it's like an FBI background check.

They had family genealogy dating back 200 - 300 years in the USA, in Europe, World wide; the names, dates of birth of my parents, brother, sister, aunts, uncles, wife, sons, grandchildren, obituary dated, school attendance and dates of graduation, locations by address of family, Towns, States, job title and on and on. It even shows a post I make on websites as recent as a couple of days previously. Better be careful what you write, it goes out world wide in the Internet if you use your own name!!!!!! One saving element though. There are numerous others with my same first and last name so it will be difficult to pinpoint the right person if a middle name isn't used.

One aspect that really bothered me. My mother is deceased. She lived in another state. They listed both her and my address. They made the connection mother/ son. And probably the only way to do that was by poking around into County deed records !!!!! I have brother and sister but their names and addresses were not used to connect the two! Since I was the contact, so called presumed administrator, of her estate that means "they" rummaged around in public records and dug it out ! And since I was not actually the legal administrator but the presumed one by the sewer authority, it seems that someone went to a lot of time and trouble. *( The sewer authority sent bills to my address, co: estate of xxxxx xxxxx , after my mother died ).

Try it, Google your name and see what comes up !

Someone ? has spent a great deal of time compiling all of this information ! It's fairly recent, within the past few months as it wasn't available previously.

Ayatollahgondola
09-07-2010, 06:31 AM
(sigh) I guess no one listens to me...

I've been telling people for years that there's no point in trying to be anonymous. You cannot remain obscure to those who want to know, and those who don't, don't really matter. The future will hold even more sunshine. Actually it may be more like an X-ray. There's no stopping it. Satellites and cameras will be able to monitor huge swaths of public commerce. Devices within your homes or neighbors will have access to many of your daily routines. Granted some will be restricted, but since much of it will be in the hands of private companies, there's really very little to stop them from using it, and their use will allow some use by unintended sources. Information is like water once it starts to accumulate; it's not all that easy to contain, and it is my belief that the future generations will throw up their hands and not care. Your right to privacy will become moot by others' right to commerce, 1st amendment, etc. What is restricted here in the US may already be in use in Britian. British companies are already engaged in commerce here. They own our water company, and that means they have our financial info and more. Who can stop them from using the info if they are doing what they do in GB?

Chris is married to a Negro? My heavens....and they say white boys can't dance

Patriotic Army Mom
09-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Trying to make teenagers believe this is like trying to pull your teeth out with a fly swatter.

Twoller
09-07-2010, 08:45 AM
(sigh) I guess no one listens to me...

... Devices within your homes or neighbors will have access to many of your daily routines. Granted some will be restricted, but since much of it will be in the hands of private companies, there's really very little to stop them from using it, and their use will allow some use by unintended sources. ...

I have a television set where firmware upgrades are managed by wireless. One of the easiest things to do to a cell phone user is to keep track of where they are. They have to do that in order to manage the transmissions in an effective and economical way. Range and direction are crucial information in managing cell phone communication.

This is a good time to remind people once again of the ongoing work of Jose Delgado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Delgado) and his firm belief hatched in the sixties that the future of humanity was a place where people's personalities and behavior were monitored and controlled remotely.

Rim05
09-08-2010, 05:13 AM
For example I Googled Chris Simcox's wife since she got an order of protectionism. And I heard she was a negro, very rich. Seems he had two of them.

Congratulations on your find, which is common knowledge. I wish both of the them happiness. If there are more, I wish them the same happiness. :)