PDA

View Full Version : Chelene and AIP Upheaval

Borderwatch
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Original Message -----
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: 8/1/2010 4:13:03 PM
Subject: Your attendance at the American Independent Party State Convention in Ontario August 14-15 is extremely important.

Dear California AIP friends,

Please consider this urgent request, which comes from my heart!

I am not going to mince words. It is urgently necessary that you to attend the American Independent Party State Convention in Ontario, CA, called for August 14-15, by the properly elected Chairman of the American Independent Party, Jim King. This is not just the normal call to get people of the couch to come fill seats at a meeting. Why?

Most of you know that in 2008 the the California Secretary of State's office made a huge mistake by recognizing a very small, rogue group, with little or no history of activity in the American Independent Party as the official party organization of the American Independent Party in California. I am not going to re-hash the history of this tragic blunder at this time. Suffice it to say that those who had worked in the party vineyards for many years were not prepared to let this travesty go unchallenged. A lawsuit (which is still pending) was immediately filed and the regular party organization set out to win back control of the party for the membership by running candidates for office and county central committees and by selecting delegates to the state convention and state central committee through the means provided in the California Election Code.

A very good start was made toward that goal. A great slate of candidates, headed by Chelene Nightingale, our nominee for Governor, was recruited to run for offices throughout the state. We have more candidates in California in 2010 than we have had at any time since 1978! Unfortunately the rogue leaders were not about to put their "power" at risk by conducting an open, honest convention in 2010. They even refused to recognize the properly elected nominees (those nominated by AIP voters in the primary) as delegates, as is clearly set forth by the State Election Code. They also called the convention for a time too early for vacancy delegates (the bulk of the potential delegates) to be selected by new County Central Committees, as provided in the Election Code. Their so-called state convention, held in Sacramento in June, was attended by less than 15 people. At least a third that many were present outside the meeting to peacefully protest the fact that lawful nominee delegates were excluded from participation by the purportedly "recognized officers" of the American Independent Party.

On top of this, the passage of Proposition 14, which changes the structure of political parties substantially in California, will prevent the people of a party from any opportunity to have a voice in the operations of their party...unless the party leadership allows for it. In effect, those officers recognized at the time Prop. 14 goes into effect next January 1 may act as a soviet style politburo. That is exactly what this small band of rogues intend to do. They don't care one bit about the welfare or future of the American Independent Party. They are trying desperately to hold onto recognition by the state for one reason and one reason only: the Presidential ballot line of the American Independent Party in California has great value to a potential Presidential candidate in 2012 and they fully intend to auction it off to the highest bidder.

So what can we do and how will your attendance make a difference? Unless Prop. 14 is repealed or overturned by the courts, the future of the American Independent Party will be determined by the Courts or the California Secretary of State's office could choose to recognize the results of our Convention and State Central Committee Organizational Meeting this year. The latter scenario might be considered by some to be a long shot, as it could be viewed as an admission by the Secretary of State that her decision in 2008 was a mistake. Politicians don't like to admit mistakes. However the so-called AIP "organization" which they recognized in 2008 is run in such a crudely despotic and illegitimate manner and by such a small handful of people, that it is quite conceivable that the Secretary of State's office may decide that this is not a close call at all, that the wrong group was recognized as the proper AIP leadership in 2008 and that they have no choice but to rectify their error. Either way--whether it is courts or the secretary of state--we want there to be absolutely no doubt whatsoever who the members of the American Independent Party recognizes as its leadership!

This is the time for the members of the party who have worked in the vineyard for so long, as well as the the new people who want to be part of a legitimate political party organization--one that operates honestly and which represents constitutional principles--- to "vote with your feet." That is, we need you to demonstrate through your attendance, to either or both the Secretary of State or the Courts, just who the members of this party recognize as the legitimate, properly elected leadership of the American Independent Party of California. There will be no more clear, positive and productive way of demonstrating who the membership supports than by attending this Convention and State Central Committee organizational meeting August 14 and 15.

This is vitally important for the Constitution Party. The Constitution Party is making great strides nationwide and the prospects for its playing a major role in the Presidential election in 2012 are very great--but not without being on the ballot in California. The most certain way for the Constitution Party to be on the ballot in California is for its first affiliate state party--the American Independent Party of California to put it on the ballot. Whether that happens may depend on what you do on August 14 and 15. Will you rearrange your schedule; will you look for a way to afford to make the trip; will you make an extra effort to preserve what many of us have worked 40 years to build.

Finally, there is a great bonus for those who attend this Convention! Regardless of any of the above, when you attend you will have the opportunity to meet and hear our dynamic and charismatic 2010 candidate for Governor of California, Chelene Nightingale! Chelene will be the featured banquet speaker on Saturday evening, where many AIP leaders will be honored for their years of service. During the meetings you will hear our other great candidates, too! Many of whom are brand new to the party but are making us extremely proud by the efforts they are making in their campaigns. You will want to come support all of these great candidates, even without the other urgent issues at stake!

The details and information you will need to attend this great event are all included in this Convention Website: http://aip2010convention.blogspot.com/.

I consider this to be so important that I am dropping everything and flying back to California from Pennsylvania next week to be able to join with all of you at this convention. I hope to see each and every one of you there!

Thank you for indulging this most sincere and urgent correspondence. Please pass it to other veteran and new American Independents who continue to believe in and are working toward the salvation of our Republic. I look forward to seeing you in Ontario!

Gary Odom
Proud California American Independent since 1971
State Chairman, AIP- 1988-90
National Field Director
Constitution Party

Twoller
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM

On top of this, the passage of Proposition 14, which changes the structure of political parties substantially in California, will prevent the people of a party from any opportunity to have a voice in the operations of their party...unless the party leadership allows for it. In effect, those officers recognized at the time Prop. 14 goes into effect next January 1 may act as a soviet style politburo. That is exactly what this small band of rogues intend to do. They don't care one bit about the welfare or future of the American Independent Party. They are trying desperately to hold onto recognition by the state for one reason and one reason only: the Presidential ballot line of the American Independent Party in California has great value to a potential Presidential candidate in 2012 and they fully intend to auction it off to the highest bidder.

So what can we do and how will your attendance make a difference? Unless Prop. 14 is repealed or overturned by the courts, the future of the American Independent Party will be determined by the Courts or the California Secretary of State's office could choose to recognize the results of our Convention and State Central Committee Organizational Meeting this year. The latter scenario might be considered by some to be a long shot, as it could be viewed as an admission by the Secretary of State that her decision in 2008 was a mistake. Politicians don't like to admit mistakes. However the so-called AIP "organization" which they recognized in 2008 is run in such a crudely despotic and illegitimate manner and by such a small handful of people, that it is quite conceivable that the Secretary of State's office may decide that this is not a close call at all, that the wrong group was recognized as the proper AIP leadership in 2008 and that they have no choice but to rectify their error. Either way--whether it is courts or the secretary of state--we want there to be absolutely no doubt whatsoever who the members of the American Independent Party recognizes as its leadership!

The only thing that Proposition 14 effects are the primary elections. That's it. If any political party does not want to participate in the primary elections, then it does not have to. Participation in the primary elections is voluntary. It was my impression that the American Independent Party did not participate in the primaries.

Anyone can form a political party any time they want to, for any reason and run it any way they want to. This has to do with the First Ammendment to the Constitution regarding freedom of assembly and petitioning the government. But since the primary elections are run by the government, then the government can have a say in how they are run.

Again, remember, the only purpose of the primary elections is to provide the political parties with a public place to run their elections for their nominees for a candidate to run in the actual election for some office. That's it. If a political party does not want to have elections at all to pick their nominee, there is nothing anywhere that says they have to do that. Or, if they want to run their elections outside of the government run public primaries, then they can do that too.

Ayatollahgondola
08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
From what I remember, there is a 60.00 per plate fee on this. I think that would be the motivation behind the call to attend

Ayatollahgondola
08-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I just caught one of her acts from her central vally tour. I don't know if she just had some heavy dental work done or what, but it appeared to me that she was having some difficulty speaking. Here's a particularly notable frame:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/Ayatollahs%20primary/BugseyforGovernor.jpg

By the way, during the tape, she mentions that we need to put our kids back to work, and that we have some of the most strict child labor laws in the nation.....and that needs to be changed :eek:

PochoPatriot
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
By the way, during the tape, she mentions that we need to put our kids back to work, and that we have some of the most strict child labor laws in the nation.....and that needs to be changed :eek:

Well, when one gallivants about the state pretending to be a legitimate candidate for state office, then someone's got to pay the bills, and it might as well be her kiddies.

Ayatollahgondola
08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I just caught one of her acts from her central vally tour. I don't know if she just had some heavy dental work done or what, but it appeared to me that she was having some difficulty speaking. Here's a particularly notable frame:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/AyatollahGondola/Ayatollahs%20primary/BugseyforGovernor.jpg

Hah! They pulled that video from their site. I thought it looked like she was struggling pretty hard with her speech in that video. Possibly eating her own words? :p