PDA

View Full Version : General Stanley McChristal - poll.

wetibbe
06-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Here's the MSNBC poll. 70% say the General should stay !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37865973/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times

This may be posted elsewhere but I haven't found it yet.

I disagree with some reporters that McChrystal committed insubordination. He didn't disobey anything. He only spoke frankly and candidly, if irresponsibly, in private discussions with a leftist reporter who was stuck by the Iceland volcano incident and couldn't travel.

Although I feel that the General, and his staff, were indiscreet in voicing their opinions, off the record and out of public earshot of the Commander in Chief and his staff, basically he simply told the unvarnished truth. His actions do not exactly rise to the level of being fired. He does, however, deserve a strong reprimand. Some military disagree with my opinion. They think he broke protocol for military discipline and I respect their opinions.

The bottom line is that Obama brought this all upon himself, aided by his staff, by not supporting the General, not cooperating, criticizing the General and opposing his command and performance publicly. Obama's lack of experience, vacillations, in-decisions were the catalyst that precipitated this dis-accord between the White House and our Military in Afghanistan. If anyone should apologize it is Obama to the American people. This boondoggle is what we get from a passel of left wing, liberal yahoo's.

Freedom of speech ????? No, not at all. Telling the truth can get someone in a large amount of trouble.

This President is piling up an impressive number of failures. Now his Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanuel, is reported to be leaving at the end of this year. No doubt because the ship is sinking. Even Emmanuel doesn't agree with Obamas naive ideology.

Looks more and more like a one term Presidency.

Patriotic Army Mom
06-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Take the hand cuffs off of our military right now! Mr. o, does not know how to lead.

wetibbe
06-23-2010, 10:43 AM
NBC News and news services
updated 6 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama ousted Gen. Stanley McChrystal as the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan on Wednesday, saying that his scathing published remarks about administration officials undermine civilian control of the military and erode the needed trust on the president's war team.

Obama named McChrystal's direct boss — Gen. David Petraeus — to take over the troubled nine-year-old war in Afghanistan. He asked the Senate to confirm Petraeus for the new post "as swiftly as possible."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's pretty obvious that Genaral McCrystal was thoroughly disgusted with the Obama's and henchmen.

He knew what he was doing and knew the consequences. He probably wanted the public to know the truth.

If the General retires I hope he will make the talk show circuits. Sarah Palin reaped millions after resigning. I'm sure the General will too.

This is what can be expected when electing a totally incompetent, inexperienced President and Commander in Chief. Affirmative action in action !!!

I'm pretty confident that we will see the last of Obama in 2 more years.

This will be yet another big black mark on this administration. The November election results will forecast it.

Patriotic Army Mom
06-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Many of our soldiers are not speaking out. With the policies that senor o has demanded we are getting our soldiers killed every day. I myself could blow a fuse over this.

Twoller
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I confess that I have yet to hear anything of substance about this row. All I'm hearing is some pretty petty complaints about off the cuff remarks that have nothing to do with operations or policy.

Either the Obamination was looking for an excuse to put Patreus in charge or the real problem is being covered up. Consider the source of this tempest, "The Rolling Stone".

wetibbe
06-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Michael Hastings, the reporter who wrote the article for Rolling Stone, was a free lance reporter.

According to him he was only supposed to be given access for two days in Paris. But the Icelandic volcano stranded him there extending time. And he was invited to Afghanistan later.

Now, it seems, according to an Army Private who appeared on Fox news this morning, Hastings cherry picked. He interviewed the Private for an hour but only printed a few unsavory comments containing salty language. Furthermore the Private said that there was actually a LOT of eavesdropping. That would indicate that some of the comments printed were not really results of an interview but rather overhearing conversations among McChrystal and some of his staff. It seems fairly reasonable to assume that Hastings printed what he thought would be the most damaging and glossed over more positive and encouraging aspects. He is said to be a left winger.

I still recall the old World War II admonishment ; "Loose lips sink ships" !

Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama can't fire General McChrystal!!!

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/80/608/Barack_H._Obama_was_born_in_Kenya_The_REAL_Birth_C ertificate_AT_LAST.html