PDA

View Full Version : AZ Senator Kyl on his conversation with Obama and why the borders won't be secured!

Jeanfromfillmore
06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Watch the video, Obama admits to Kyl that he is holding securing the border hostage to pass amnesty!!!!!

AZ Senator Kyl on his conversation with Obama and why the borders won't be secured!
http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topic/show?id=2600775%3ATopic%3A2287430&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

Direct link:
Senator Kyl Says: Border Will Not Secured Unless In Conjunction With Amnesty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0aYrdsESM

Twoller
06-20-2010, 01:35 PM
This is incredible stuff. Kyle is clearly working hard on this.

Here are transcripts from the video starting at 2:31. Hover your mouse over the slider bar to find the exact spot if you want to start where the transcripts start.

Sen. Kyle: Why won't they put that same deterent in the Tucson sector? We've been asking for -- ever since this administration started. Before Governor Napalitono and Eric Holder were -- had their confirmation hearings, I met privately with both of them, made the case for Operation Streamline, as well as all other things that are in the [unintelligible] plan. They haven't done them. Finally in exasperation, we passed a law that said they have to give us a report by by last December 27th what it would take to implement Operation Streamline. Still no report.

Audience: I was just going to ask if we could have copies of that from your office.

Sen. Kyle: You're ... absolutely, absolutely.

Now, why? I'll tell you why.

I met with the president in the oval office, just the two of us, I kicked the rest of the people out -- I asked them if they would leave, I'm sorry -- and we had a discussion.

Audience: I liked "Kicking them out" better,

Sen. Kyle: Well, one was a general, general's national security adviser and I -- no, and uh, but anyway, uh, here's what the president said.

"The problem is", he said, "if we secure the border, then you all won't have any reason to support comprehensive immigration reform." In other words, they are holding it hostage. They don't want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with comprehensive immigration reform.

Now, I explained, "You and I have an obligation to secure the border. That's on obligation. It also has some potentially positive benefits. You don't have to have comprehensive reform to secure the border, but you have to secure the border in order to get comprehensive reform. I said, "You'd be suprised, maybe you don't think there would be any more insentive for comprehensive reform, but I'm not so sure that would be true. In any event, it doesn't matter, we are supposed to secure the border. But that's why this is being done, they frankly don't want to do it. They want to get something in return for doing their duty. And that's the [intelligible] point right now.