PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Rally In Support Of AZ

DerailAmnesty.com
06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
The big event supporting SB 1070, w/ the cool kids, was in Phoenix today. The junior varsity version was held in San Diego. About 70 people attended the latter and I was among them.

Things of Note (in no particular order of importance):

- Much to my chagrin, San Diego's most accomplished open borders lusting race-baiter, Enrique Morones, did not put in an appearance. Fortunately, however, a few other people stepped up to the plate to call me and the people with whom I was rallying, racists.

- To you looooooong-time SOS'ers, I bumped into a character you should remember from our ancient glory-days, Sonar. He's looking great, happily residing in the SD area, and still passionate about our nation's immigration dilemma.

- Interestingly (in the respect that it hasn't happened before), a father who had brought his family would not let his young child hold one of the signs I passed around (the kid burst into tears) b/c, as the father explained (and it made perfect sense to me), he hadn't seen the website (listed at the bottom of the signs) and wasn't familiar with the content.

- There were some really good signs brought by the participants. Some folks had obviously gone to a bit of trouble.

- Every govt. service vehicle that passed us (Postal trucks, fire engines, city ambulance, etc.), that I can recall, was driven by someone who honked furiously in support of our efforts, when he/they passed by.

I shot some film but am too tired to edit and upload it tonight. I'll post it tomorrow.

Dawes
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Thank you for going down to show your support, and video taping it. SD is a loooong way from here.

DerailAmnesty.com
06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
OK, here it is in all its cinematic glory. This link will lead you to the video.

http://members4.boardhost.com/Derail_Amnesty/msg/1275850485.html

Rim05
06-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I am glad you went to SD. It is so good to hear that Sonar is well and still at it.
I think about OP, Watch Dog and Sonar so often. They are the first group I protested with. I call them my kids. :)