PDA

View Full Version : Where Are You Calling From?

Ayatollahgondola
06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
As part of our effort to improve the opportunities for American citizens, I would like to encourage everyone to consider this when answering your phone and speaking with any sales person, marketing agent, or survey taker for that matter,

Your first priority is to protect yourself of course, and most of you already know not give out too much of your information to strangers. Once you have that situation in hand, please take one step for your fellow American and ask where the person you are speaking with is calling from. If you have caller ID, look at the area code, and if you don't recognize it, politely ask them where they are calling you from. If you engage them briefly and casually like you would a neighbor you arent't really that familiar with, they will usually respond. My caller today was selling subscriptions to our local newspaper, and I got out of her that she was from the Virgin Islands area. after rebuffing her request for a subscription, I then crafted a short email to the local paper that if they wanted americans to purchase their products, they should be using forms that pay Americans to do their work so we will have money to spend.
When you are unemployed, and you get phone calls from employed giggly foreigners hawking American goods from afar, it just doesn't go over to well.

Moderate Mammal
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
As part of our effort to improve the opportunities for American citizens, I would like to encourage everyone to consider this when answering your phone and speaking with any sales person, marketing agent, or survey taker for that matter,

Your first priority is to protect yourself of course, and most of you already know not give out too much of your information to strangers. Once you have that situation in hand, please take one step for your fellow American and ask where the person you are speaking with is calling from. If you have caller ID, look at the area code, and if you don't recognize it, politely ask them where they are calling you from. If you engage them briefly and casually like you would a neighbor you arent't really that familiar with, they will usually respond. My caller today was selling subscriptions to our local newspaper, and I got out of her that she was from the Virgin Islands area. after rebuffing her request for a subscription, I then crafted a short email to the local paper that if they wanted americans to purchase their products, they should be using forms that pay Americans to do their work so we will have money to spend.
When you are unemployed, and you get phone calls from employed giggly foreigners hawking American goods from afar, it just doesn't go over to well.

Excellent idea. And one of the reasons I'll never by an HP product again.

--
Keith

Rim05
06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Since I pay for my phone for my own use and not some far away someone I do not know, I look at my caller ID and do not answer anyone I do not know. Write me a letter if you do not know me.

Ayatollahgondola
06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Since I pay for my phone for my own use and not some far away someone I do not know, I look at my caller ID and do not answer anyone I do not know. Write me a letter if you do not know me.

That's why I'm not getting through:D

Rim05
06-05-2010, 01:09 PM
That's why I'm not getting through

That does not fly, I know your area code and my caller ID anounces who is calling also. :D

REWHBLCAIN
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Excellent idea. And one of the reasons I'll never by an HP product again.

--
Keith
Your sites a great idea! http://www.hireamerican.org