PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Media Apologizes For Racially Offensive Skit

Ayatollahgondola
05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Well whuddya know? Mexicans are not perfect after all

The skit on the the program "Despierta America" was a parody of the upcoming World Cup soccer tournament. It showed characters in Afro wigs clutching spears and dancing to faux jungle music.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/29/2786125/univision-apologizes-for-offensive.html#ixzz0pMZryeN6

Twoller
05-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Well whuddya know? Mexicans are not perfect after all

That's really incredible. It really shows how Mexico can get away with anything in the eyes of the global "community". Imagine if some US television program put on something like that. Everyone would be genuinely shocked. It shows how bizarre the notion is that we in the US are obliged to indentify some race we call "hispanic".

ilbegone
05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
It is a US television program which happens to be extremely pro illegal as well as Spanish language, with the news anchors quite often sounding more Cuban than Mexican. As a guess as to why, maybe we can delve into the LAUSD system or the educational level of Mexican derived "immigrants".

However, if the LAUSD were contributing much to Univision's personnel, the Spanish being spoken by employees would have more California style American accent than it does. As well, Mexico is sending its least educated, so that generally cuts them out except for interview fodder.

I forget just what part of LA the Univision studio is located, but I pass by it quite often on the freeway - I believe it's in Hollywood. I believe they have one in New York as well.

They racially stereotyped and, unfortunately, will not get even a thousandth of the grief they would dish out if an English language program parodied the "Aztec" Chicken Dancers.

On the other hand, If you want an example of a Mexican negatively stereotyping American blacks, Vicente Fox will do with his comment about illegals doing work in America that "even blacks won't do".

Rim05
05-30-2010, 01:42 PM
On the other hand, If you want an example of a Mexican negatively stereotyping American blacks, Vicente Fox will do with his comment about illegals doing work in America that "even blacks won't do".

Fox and all the other pro-Invaders forget that those are, in some cases, the ONLY jobs that Blacks could get. Now that they have been 'given' to only hispanics, they call them " jobs even Blacks will not do".
I wish the LaRaza would listen to what they say.

ilbegone
05-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Fox and all the other pro-Invaders forget that those are, in some cases, the ONLY jobs that Blacks could get. Now that they have been 'given' to only hispanics, they call them " jobs even Blacks will not do".
I wish the LaRaza would listen to what they say.

If I remember right, Linda Banks (a columnist for the LA Times) wrote a column excoriating the Arizona SB 1070 with all the ignorance of someone who failed to do any research at all.

Subsequently, she wrote another column concerning a black (bridge?) club who was divided over whether to boycott it's planned trip to Arizona for a tournament.

She got an earful from both directions - those who flung out the race card for grievances fifty years old and those who say the same things we do.

For once, it seems she considered what the truth may be concerning illegal immigration. I guess the interviews weren't anything like what her preconceived notions expected.

If I get time, I'll dig up the column.