PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up Your Own Mess Pendejo!

Jeanfromfillmore
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Clean Up Your Own Mess Pendejo!
Pendejo: Spanish Slang for idiot, fool, jerk, goofy, and dumb ass)
I found the recent visit by Mexico’s President Felipe Calderon reprehensible. Particularly when he criticized our country’s immigration laws and more so those recently enacted in Arizona, which by the way more than 60% of Americans approve including yours truly. Equally repugnant was President Obama mimicking and siding with the pendejo President from Mexico. Adding to the insult, in a joint session in Congress, Calderon received a standing ovation and applause from Democrats when he again expressed disapproval of the Arizona law: “I strongly disagree with the recently adopted law in Arizona. It is a law that not only ignores a reality that cannot be erased by decree but also introduces a terrible idea – using racial profiling as a basis for law enforcement.” Folks, I, an American of Mexican ancestry, has been asked untold times by police, bankers, store clerks, etc. for identification in whatever situation I find myself in. In the Wells Fargo Bank where I’ve done business for over 25 years, I’m always asked to show my driver’s license when I request the balance of my bank deposit amount. Never, have I felt like I’m being singled out due to my ethnicity. President Calderon and Obama are stoking the fires of racism with their invalid anti immigration Arizona law rhetoric.
In my last article, Remember the Alamo, I cited Mexico’s immigration laws. Some who read them were probably appalled how this corrupt nation deals with immigration and those who break their laws. One of Mexico’s immigration laws reads: “Foreigners may have no protests, no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.” Yet, illegal Mexicans raise hell here along with American church leaders and Hispanic groups to defy our immigration laws. Furthermore, this hypocrite, President Calderon, has conveniently forgotten that in 1968 more than 25 Mexicans were killed (though it was estimated that 200 actually died and the Mexican Government covered up the slaughter) during a vicious gun battle in Mexico City just days before the Olympic games were to begin. Seems that thousands of students protested against the military occupation of the National Polytechnic Institute. The protesters, many of whom were women and children, had planned to march through a working class suburb of the city. But by early evening military personnel in armored vehicles surrounded the square and began firing at the supposed “agitator groups” who according to Gen. Marcelino Barragan, Mexico’s defense minister said the army begin firing into the crowd in self-defense. But several eyewitnesses claim the army entered the square in seven or eight armored tanks and began shooting first. After the fighting subsided dozens of bodies lay strewn across the square. The violence followed weeks of demonstrations by students demanding democratic reform and social justice. They used the international focus on Mexico City because of the Olympics to promote their message. Folks, tell me, how does this pendejo (President Calderon) have the audacity along with President Obama to lambaste our country and criticize our immigration laws when Mexico’s immigration laws are far more brutal than ours!
My wife and I have family in Mexico. Believe me, their lives and of their children are terrible. Homeless people in the USA fair better than they do. One of my wife’s cousins, Jose Torres, a bricklayer, barely makes enough to feed his family. He, and his family along with seven other families live in rent complex with one-bedroom and kitchen apartments. All the renters have to share one bathroom and one shower. Another cousin, Candelario Aguirre, lives in a small hacienda near Saltillo, Coahuila. When I visit him I feel like I’m traveling back to the 1800s. As airplanes fly overhead, he still draws water from a well and uses kerosene to cook and illuminate his house. How can this brainless Mexican president have the arrogance to insult our country when millions of his own citizens are leaving his worthless country and are here in our supposed mean country?
I can never thank both of my grandfathers for leaving that backward country at the turn of the century. When I asked my dad how they got here, he said, “Son, a day after Pancho Villa, killed all of my dad’s animals to feed his rebels he said, Vamonos para Los Estados Unidos! (Let’s go to the United States) and so we walked from Zacatecas (a state in Central Mexico) to Del Rio, Texas. With just enough money to pay the ferry to cross the Rio Grande we were happy to be in the United States.” Years later, I asked my dad, a World War II Navy veteran, what was the most beautiful country he visited during the war. He said, “Son, there is no country more beautiful than the United States.”
Same goes for my mom’s father. My grandfather, Luis Vazquez, told me that after the revolution, the Mexican Government stripped him of all his land. And so, he, like my dad’s father left Mexico and settled in Thurber Texas, where my mom was born.
Folks, just this week I read where the Mayor of Cancun is being investigated for taking money from the drug cartels, which to me is old news. Almost all Mexican officials do business under the table, which is tagged La Mordida (The Bite). You need a special favor from the government? Fine, all you have to do is pay a monetary sum under the table and you get that favor.
The Mexican Government controls most major industries. Thus, most politicians become filthy rich while most of Mexico citizens remain in poverty. In Mexico you don’t have a middle class, you are either poor or rich as hell. And sadly, most of Mexico’s citizens are illiterate and uneducated. Mexico only provides six years of education for its citizens. If Mexican student wants to attend high school he/she pays for it. With Mexico’s poor wages, most quit school or don’t go at all.
My friends, this Mexican President needs to haul his rear end home and clean up his own mess!
http://www.dallasblog.com/201005281006591/james-reza/clean-up-your-own-mess-pendejo.html