PDA

View Full Version : Census Refusal Preceeds Police Shooting

Ayatollahgondola
05-22-2010, 05:57 AM
The leftisits comments on this were really amazing. They were immediately tying her to the TEA party movement

The Associated Press
Published: Friday, May. 21, 2010 - 10:39 pm
YUBA CITY, Calif. -- Authorities say a visit by a U.S. Census worker turned deadly when Yuba City officers shot and killed a woman they say was armed with a shotgun.

A Yuba City police spokeswoman says officers responding to the home around 9 p.m. Thursday shot 67-year-old Victoria Roger-Vasselin when she refused to put down the shotgun and advanced towards the officers.

Spokeswoman Shawna Pavey says police had gone to the home after getting a call that a census worker had been threatened with a gun.

When officers arrived, they arrested another person at the home, 51-year-old Lionel Craig Patterson, on suspicion of assault with a firearm on a peace officer.

Pavey says Roger-Vasselin was shot after she came outside the house with the shotgun and refused orders to put the gun down.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/21/2769179/yuba-city-police-fatally-shoot.html#ixzz0ofNvCosx

From what I've been reading about this elsewhere, the reports say that the woman told the census worker she din't want to participate in the census, and the census worker pressed the issue. One article also mentioned that the census worker was wearing a badge?

Ayatollahgondola
05-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Here's another excerpt from a different article

Sonny Le, a census regional spokesman, said the worker, a Yuba City resident, showed her badge and introduced herself to a man who answered the door.

From inside the house, the worker said she heard a woman saying that they do not want to participate in the census survey.

When the census worker tried to further explain the process, she said she saw a gun pointed at her.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/22/2768938/census-confrontation.html#ixzz0ofQ0liUc

Rim05
05-22-2010, 06:13 AM
If anyone comes to my door, first I do not open the door and second, why is 'this' census important enought to kill a person?
If it is not the water or kool aid we are drinking then it must be the air we breathe.

Ayatollahgondola
05-22-2010, 06:47 AM
If anyone comes to my door, first I do not open the door and second, why is 'this' census important enought to kill a person?
If it is not the water or kool aid we are drinking then it must be the air we breathe.

It doesn't look like the killing was over her refusal to participate, but the police response shortly after. The cops respond to a report of a gun being shown to a Census worker, and when they get there encounter one or more persons with a gun.

I'll try and stay on top of this one as far as court records go

Rim05
05-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks AG. Seems we need to watch everything this government is doing these days. There is a reason for all the 2010 census concern but I am not sure what. I have an idea but that is all.