PDA

View Full Version : It's all about timing! Is it time?

Jeanfromfillmore
04-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Things are starting to heat up in regards to illegal immigration. Maybe we should consider getting a rally together or something to counter the La Razaists as they bellyache about Arizona. Any suggestions, and how many of you are interested in such action and will actually participate?

Rim05
04-25-2010, 03:38 PM
My heart is in it but the body must stay retired.
I hope others will step up and say 'yes'. I saw in one of the AZ videos where one of the protesters said about the violence "We are mad, what can you expect" ? That is their mind set, we have to have the same except without the violence. Also saw on Ch 7 yesterday where there was a meeting at Pasadena CC where there was some kind of affair to help the Latinas of high school age. One of the Ch 7 female reportes was the MC, I think she was Jovana Lara. Other groups should be countering with some kind of help for US high school students, of course they would be there to soak up anything or at least spy.
GOOD LUCK WITH ANYTHING YOU CAN GET GOING. It needs to start NOW. AZ should be an inspiration to all of us.

Ole Glory
04-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Things are starting to heat up in regards to illegal immigration. Maybe we should consider getting a rally together or something to counter the La Razaists as they bellyache about Arizona. Any suggestions, and how many of you are interested in such action and will actually participate?

Email just in:

NO AMNESTY SUPPORT ARIZONA LAW

As illegal aliens and open border extremists demonstrate nationwide on Saturday, May 1st, join with Pro-Law enforcement supporters calling for: Comprehensive Immigration Law Enforcement

Bring your biggest American Flag

Stop Illegal Immigration Signs Available

Raffle Prize

DATE:
Saturday, May 1

TIME:
MEET AT 10:30AM DENNY'S (1623 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA) PARKING LOT - WALK TO THE OVERPASS - RALLY BEGINS 11AM

Freeway Overpass Imperial Hwy Overpass/Exit 57 Freeway
Park in the shopping center located adjacent to the 57 Freeway:
1623 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA Short walk to the freeway overpass from the shopping center

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Brea&state=CA&address=1623+E+Imperial+Hwy&zipcode=92821-5809&country=US&latitude=33.910826&longitude=-117.881178&geocode=ADDRESS

BLESS AMERICA MEETING AFTER THE RALLY

We The People California's Crusader http://californiascrusader.com/

Ayatollahgondola
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Raffle Prize

Prizes?

Rim05
04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Not a single one here said aye. I did give my excuse.
Jean, if you want to try this(request) again I will repost that if you get something going I will try to find transportation and attend. I will not drive
alone.

Where is everyone here, no response? May 1st was taken up for me couple of months ago. There are such a few who want to do anything except post on the forum.

PochoPatriot
04-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I am not sure whether or not I can attend this, but I believe that it is time to act. The country is pissed. Illegal immigrants and their enablers are feeling the heat. It reminds me of the McStain Amnesty attempt back in 2008. The atmosphere is electric, and we need something that will continue to energize the grassroots.

Ayatollahgondola
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I am readying for action up here. I'll help get us in the mood for a bigger event down there.:cool:

Jeanfromfillmore
04-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Not a single one here said aye. I did give my excuse.
Jean, if you want to try this(request) again I will repost that if you get something going I will try to find transportation and attend. I will not drive
alone.

Where is everyone here, no response? May 1st was taken up for me couple of months ago. There are such a few who want to do anything except post on the forum.Yes, you're right Rimo, everyone seems to have something else that is more important to do. Yet, they complain that our side isn't doing anything. Put up or shut up. Rimo, if some here had half your passion to stomp out this invasion, we'd have a great fighting force. You have always been such a driven and passionate person for the cause.

If this law in Arizona had happened four years ago, there would be hundreds of people ready to protest. But today, they'd rather watch tv or just post and complain. What good is it to organize if the big mouths just tap on a keyboard. Let's hope they get some passion back and desire to hit the streets.

Glory has posted an event being held by Robin and Ray and I hope some will attend who live close to where they're having it. At this late point it wouldn't be worth trying to organize anything on our end, and you were right Rimo, not one person gave any indication that they wanted to hit the streets. NOT ONE!!!

Davi is planing on doing some things up north. I will be organizing something in the next few weeks, talks are in the works. I understand that some of you live far away and it would be hard to travel and participate. But that shouldn't stop you from doing a street activity where you live. Think about it.

MowMyOwn
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, you're right Rimo, everyone seems to have something else that is more important to do. Yet, they complain that our side isn't doing anything. Put up or shut up.
This kind of public guilt mongering is unnecessary, I wish you would refrain from this kind of attitude, it really makes me not want to show up, it's uninviting.

Alot of successful rallies were done through email or just simply invitation announcement (like Glory posted), not by a show of hands on a public message board.

Rim05
04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
This kind of public guilt mongering is unnecessary, I wish you would refrain from this kind of attitude, it really makes me not want to show up, it's uninviting.

Alot of successful rallies were done through email or just simply invitation announcement (like Glory posted), not by a show of hands on a public message board.

[B]You miss the point of our posts above, Jean ask if anyone was interested before she made the effort to organize and then have no one show up. When no one said 'I will', it was assumed that no one had an interest in doing anything.
In the past when no one showed an interest it meant ' No, don't count on me'.

The event that Glory post is organized by Robin and Ray. Seems they have something almost every week but they do not publish here.
I guess you should blame me and only me for the post about no participation on me but I know how it was on the old fourm. I guess I don't know how to motivate anyone[B]

PochoPatriot
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Though Jean can speak for herself, I want to say that there is nothing wrong with asking the members of a forum about their willingness to participate in events. Having organized a few events in the past, I can say that there is nothing more discouraging than to have an event that no one shows up to.

Secondly, having some sort of idea as to how many people we are expecting is good to have since it allows the organizer to communicate with LE, and they can know how many LEOs to assign to an event. This is important since the other side will not hesitate to resort to violence.

I understand your concerns. However, I trust the mods and organizers on this board with my life, and more importantly my wife's life. Why? Because they know how to plan, and how to protect their own.

MowMyOwn
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
[B]You miss the point . . . No, I got the point of the original post, it's the "put up or shut up" remark that makes it unappealing. Maybe a little reminiscent of Chelene's "you're not a patriot" remarks.

Rim05
04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
OK, then I will ask you how we should go about asking people if they will attend an event? I am serious since it seems we do not know the secret.
BTW, this is not being a smart 'a' , I think the organizers would like to find the magic 'thing' to do.

MowMyOwn
04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
OK, then I will ask you how we should go about asking people if they will attend an event? I am serious since it seems we do not know the secret.
BTW, this is not being a smart 'a' , I think the organizers would like to find the magic 'thing' to do.
How does Robin do it?

Think.

Rim05
04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
How does Robin do it?

Think.

I have no idea how Robin does anything. I have never been any position to organize.

I was a supervisor at one time and it made me never want to deal with people again. I guess I am at the end of ideas for you. I will just follow, I don't want to lead but I do all I can to help the leaders.

Don
04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I I was a supervisor at one time and it made me never want to deal with people again.

That's a good one.

Commander Bunny
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm going to try My hardest to counter protest in SF, but my vehicle's got studded tires, and State laws says that I can't be on the road after May 1st (w/studded tires)...and it's dumping snow right now...if it clears-up in the next day/or so, I'm going to swap-out them, and beat feet to the SF protest.

Rim05
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
There are times when you just cannot win for losing, tires, weather, funds...........on and on it goes.
Best of luck to you.

Commander Bunny
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
AG, is there anything planned for Sacramento?

Jeanfromfillmore
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
How does Robin do it?

Think.Robin has a local group. There are a few who travel to her area, but mostly they are from that area. SOS is state wide and we try to do things in areas where more can attend. But who that is, is up to the members.

Ayatollahgondola
04-29-2010, 07:00 AM
AG, is there anything planned for Sacramento?

Yes, but it hasn't been getting anyinterest yet

http://saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=1859