PDA

View Full Version : Bad play / Great Commercials

DerailAmnesty.com
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Let's face it. The Lakers have been playing like crap. If their performance of the past few weeks is any indication of what we can expect in the playoffs, well, don't get your hopes up for procuring tickets for the second round of the postseason.

I saw the game yesterday against the Nuggets. It was painful to watch. What did lift my spirits, however, was this Steve Poizner commercial that ran twice on KCAL 9, during the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepoizner#p/u/2/TGVMY-wZ3JQ

MowMyOwn
04-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Let's face it. The Lakers have been playing like crap. If their performance of the past few weeks is any indication of what we can expect in the playoffs, well, don't get your hopes up for procuring tickets for the second round of the postseason.

I saw the game yesterday against the Nuggets. It was painful to watch. What did lift my spirits, however, was this Steve Poizner commercial that ran twice on KCAL 9, during the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevepoizner#p/u/2/TGVMY-wZ3JQ
I saw the game too. For one . . . Denver is a good team; two, Kobe and Andrew Bynum are out right now. They've clinched the conference spot with a guarantee that no other team in the west will pass them, so they can afford to sail the remaining games.

Poizners seems to be laying heavy on the illegal immigration issue, I've seen only two of his commercials and they're both about illegal immigration. If you argued that "it's called amnesty" with a liberal, they'll say "it's not amnesty if they're penalized ("paying fines, back of the line" etc.) He's got to beef up his other strong points or he'll be trounced by boocoo bucks Whitman.

Rim05
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM

I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing. Like the comenters say 'he has a lot of milage'. I sure wish he could stay like that energetic twenty something he used to be. It was a pleasure to watch him. Sorry to say I don't think they will win the title this year.

I would never vote for that awful Whitman. She is spending so much of her own money like she wants to make sure she wins. I think it can be called buying your own election. I mute everyone of her commericals.

REWHBLCAIN
04-10-2010, 08:05 AM
I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing. Like the comenters say 'he has a lot of milage'. I sure wish he could stay like that energetic twenty something he used to be. It was a pleasure to watch him. Sorry to say I don't think they will win the title this year.

I would never vote for that awful Whitman. She is spending so much of her own money like she wants to make sure she wins. I think it can be called buying your own election. I mute everyone of her commericals. Colby is just fine. lol. Just ask the Celtics
http://lespoulets.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/boston_celtics_logo2.png

MowMyOwn
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I agree, the Lakers have been playing like slugs lately. Kobe is getting this 2 game rest. I have noticed that he really is not up to his past playing.
He's been playing with 3 different injuries for the past several weeks (knee, ankle, and index finger) geesh - give the Mamba a break.

MowMyOwn
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Colby (Kobe) is just fine. lol. Just ask the Celtics

The fun is just beginning :D

Rim05
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
He's been playing with 3 different injuries for the past several weeks (knee, ankle, and index finger) geesh - give the Mamba a break.

Hey, I am not knocking on Kobe, he is the only reason I watch basket ball. He is his worst enemy, he should have taken more time off for those injuries.
I would love to see them win the title again this year.

REWHBLCAIN
04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
The fun is just beginning :DYes it has.

Coldbie should have retired after the rape.;)

Rim05
04-11-2010, 09:32 AM
There is a good article about Kobe's injuries on the LA Times front page of the Sports section.
I take it that Cain feels about Kobe the same as I do about Palin, hence all the misspelling of is name. Lakers have clinched the home court for the finals so let us hope he will take all the rest he needs.
Now, on to todays game. :p

MowMyOwn
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes it has.

Coldbie should have retired after the rape.;)

Why?

REWHBLCAIN
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Why?LOL, oh gee I don't know. Great role model for kids knowing you can rape and continue life as usual. Just like Mikey Jackson. That's the way I think when it comes to things like this.:rolleyes:

MowMyOwn
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL, oh gee I don't know. Great role model for kids knowing you can rape and continue life as usual. Just like Mikey Jackson. That's the way I think when it comes to things like this.:rolleyes:
Just wantin to know what it had to do with his game and the Celtics. He was stupid (like Tiger Woods), he was caught (like Tiger Woods) but the sport goes on. Their personal actions suck, just like numerous other pro athletes.

Michael Jackson didn't retire either.

REWHBLCAIN
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Just wantin to know what it had to do with his game and the Celtics. He was stupid (like Tiger Woods), he was caught (like Tiger Woods) but the sport goes on. Their personal actions suck, just like numerous other pro athletes.

Michael Jackson didn't retire either.Ya, I just have to throw my Celtics in there since they have a great rivalry with Lakers.

MowMyOwn
04-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Ya, I just have to throw my Celtics in there since they have a great rivalry with Lakers.
The rivalry kind of fizzled since the retirement of Byrd and Magic, but the flame is still aflicker.

Rivalry is good ... let the games begin!