PDA

View Full Version : Medi-Cal For Illegals But Not Citizens

Ayatollahgondola
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
I am about to lose my health insurance, and do have an option for COBRA for a little over a year, but with minimal income right now, I thought I'd at least look into Medical. Kind of an eye opener at the outset; The process is complicated, but finally found one thing which excludes me, but includes illegals...under certain conditions. For me, there's no condition. I'm out. For an illegal or other designated alien, there's at least a possibility. Attached is a PDF file for the uninformed.

Commander Bunny
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I've seen that one before, but recently seen the new one that has a box-inset that states that illegals are'nt eligible.
Below the box, it says "If You're undocumented, ignore the box above"...no foolin'..

Jeanfromfillmore
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
As I've stated before, some of the Nonprofits offer medical to the illegals. But if you or I tried to get them to help us, you can forget it. I have seen this first hand.

Commander Bunny
03-30-2010, 08:47 PM
In Sonoma County, there's signs on the wall of the Health & Human Services that also say that Their ineligible, in English, but then there's a sign in Spanish telling an Applicant which line to get in to recieve County/State services...go figure.