PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Care payroll deduction coming to Americans.

Star
03-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Under The Radar: New Paycheck Deductions Under ObamaCare.
Nancy Morgan
RightBias.com
March 28, 2010

http://rightbias.com/news/video99.aspx

Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama told the American people that they will learn what is in the health care bill once it is passed.

Ole Glory
03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh, My!:eek:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee161/OleGlory/ThanksObama.jpg

Twoller
03-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Under The Radar: New Paycheck Deductions Under ObamaCare.
Nancy Morgan
RightBias.com
March 28, 2010

http://rightbias.com/news/video99.aspx

Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama told the American people that they will learn what is in the health care bill once it is passed.

That's bad, but what's even worse is that the Republicans are not interested in telling us anything either. Why should we have to wait around for the Demo's to explain it? The Republicans should be all over that.

See? The two party system works! Oh, right, not for you or me. It works for them ... it.

Ole Glory
03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
www.VeteransToday.com

CAROL DUFF: HERE IS A NEWBORN BABY THAT HAS BEEN DENIED MEDICAL CARE BY HIS HEALTH CARE PROVIDER
March 28, 2010 by Carol Duff · 8 Comments

ShareCAROL DUFF: HERE IS A NEWBORN BABY THAT HAS BEEN DENIED MEDICAL CARE BY HIS HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

For those of you who ranted and raved about how babies that would need healthcare would get it without the passage of the new health care bill, here is something to review. You were very misguided, misinformed, or perhaps just ignorant. Thank you President Obama for having the fortitude to remove issues such as this from American lives. Those of you who would have his baby untreated, shame on you! His family’s insurance company seeks to leave him untreated. Carol Ware Duff, MSN, BA, RN

March 26th, 2010 5:27 PM

Newborn with Birth Defect Denied Coverage

Health Care Provider Tells Texas Family Baby’s Artery Problem is a Pre-Existing Condition; Won’t Pay for Surgery

(CBS) For newborn Houston Tracy, the historic health care overhaul came too late.

Houston, born March 15 at a Texas hospital, suffers from a defect in his arteries. When his parents, Doug and Kim, applied to have his corrective surgery covered under their insurance, they were denied, with their carrier claiming Houston had a pre-existing condition, reports CBS station KTVT.

The Tracys are fighting the decision by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

“They kept saying it’s preexisting, it’s preexisting, but I don’t know how it can be preexisting on a baby that was just born,” Doug Tracy said. “If it’s mandated that everyone have health insurance, than how can one be denied?”

Legislation passed this week by Congress and signed by President Obama that would end the practice of denying coverage to patients with pre-existing conditions does not go into effect until September.

The congenital heart defect causes the two major vessels that carry blood away from the heart to become switched.

“He was born with what’s called transposition of the great arteries,” Doug Tracy said. “It’s heart wrenching; I hated it.”

The Tracy’s are both small business owners and do not carry health insurance for themselves. They do carry insurance on their two other children and tried to get insurance for Houston, but they found out Wednesday his coverage was denied.

The health care provider declined to comment specifically on the Tracys’ case, and released this statement to KTVT:

“We will work closely with our customers to keep them informed of any changes that may result from the new law. We will continue to review the bill’s requirements on our business and their respective time frames to ensure full compliance.”

The Forth Worth Star-Telegram received this explanation from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas:

Our policy is that if a family has existing coverage with us, a baby can be added to the contract within 31 days without the need for underwriting to assess the baby’s eligibility.”

The condition Houston has is rarely detected before birth.

“My whole pregnancy was simple, it was easy, no complications, doctor visits were great,” Houston’s mother, Kim Tracy, said. “Perfect sonograms, great little pictures and then, he wasn’t perfect.”

Houston had life-saving surgery at Cook’s Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth shortly after being born.

“He’s doing really good,” his mother said with a smile. “he’s a little tough guy.”

Ole Glory
03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
self deleted. OOPs.