PDA

View Full Version : US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies

rs232c
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100325/wl_csm/290215

Mumbai – With 22 pen strokes, President Obama signed into existence not just a historic healthcare reform law but also monumental piles of paperwork: New member registration forms. More claims. Ever-expanding databases. And on top of that, pressure to cut costs.

The bulge in administrative work may look like a nightmare to American insurance firms and government employees. But to outsourcing executives here in India, it’s heaven-sent. A number of Indian companies are already anticipating an increase in workload thanks to Obama's healthcare law.

wetibbe
03-28-2010, 04:23 AM
I spoke to my ophthalmologist and my primary care doctor both of whom label the Obama Health Care package a probable disaster for them.

Sidebar:

I watched for years as the New York City government hired more and more foreigners to fill office jobs in the various departments, NYCTA New York City Department of Transportation, NYC Sanitation, NYC sewers, NYCDEP and many others.

In the NYC transit authority where we had a contract, as a contractor, the office I dealt with was 85% foreigners. One Chinese engineer spoke such bad and broken English that I couldn't communicate with him.

I went to a pre-construction "on site" visit for a new proposed bus garage on Staten Island, arranged by NYCTA. There were 7 seven NYCTA engineers on site for the meeting, ALL Pakistanis. I was the only white person. They spoke Urdu among themselves for most of the meeting.

As the Obama health care debacle kicks in more and more American doctors will refuse Medicare patients and some will quit the profession. Eventually the doctor situation will mirror NYC, most doctors foreigners from off shore working cheap !