PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigrant youth plan 'coming out' day

Jeanfromfillmore
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Illegal immigrant youth plan 'coming out' day
March 10, 2010 04:01 EST
CHICAGO (AP) -- Dozens of illegal immigrant students plan to "come out" about their immigration status at rallies nationwide.

Their goal is to call attention to the plight of an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S. and demand federal reform, even at the risk of deportation.

Experts say the tactic is on the rise, especially among a younger activists who've grown up in an era where massive immigrant rights marches were the norm.

They're calling Wednesday a "National Coming Out Day" and looking to gay rights activists, including the late Harvey Milk, for inspiration.

In Chicago, immigrant rights advocates will march through the city and then about half a dozen students will tell their stories.

Similar events are planned in New York, Michigan and Massachusetts.
http://www.wics.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.il/21db83c1-www.wics.com.shtml

Patriotic Army Mom
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
This is great. Bring it on you little snots. May the school police be in full force that day.

usa today
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I saw this earlier today

And my question is , Will ICE be there to do their duty and enforce the laws of this country?

I doubt it

Mikell
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Illegal immigrant youth plan 'coming out' day
March 10, 2010 04:01 EST
CHICAGO (AP) -- Dozens of illegal immigrant students plan to "come out" about their immigration status at rallies nationwide.

Their goal is to call attention to the plight of an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S. and demand federal reform, even at the risk of deportation.[/url]

They might actually have a voice if they stopped making "demands".
Americans, including legal immigrants understand that if you break the law, you have no right to make "demands". It's a slap in the face!