PDA

View Full Version : Missing in action in SC

jinx
03-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi everyone. I've been missing in action due to a medical mishap. On Dec 29 I passed out and quit breathing. I wound up on a ventilator and then my son brought me to SC and dumped me at a hospital. I filed guardianship papers against me which is expected to expire March 28. He went into my bank account and really messed up my finances and took all of my belongings. When they thought I was going to be a vegetable for the rest of my life. I suffered what they call a anoxic brain injury with oxegen loss. I had no memory or anything. Didn't even know who my son was or my grandchildren. I have come a long way since then and am making remarkable recovery.

Eagle1
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Welcome back Jinx...I missed you!!!

Rim05
03-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Jinx, I am so sorry to hear about all that has happened to you. A couple of years ago I made out a power of attorney doc. and gave a copy to the person I want and trust to take care of things if something happens to me. We never know when or what will happen.
Welcome back.

jinx
03-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Jinx, I am so sorry to hear about all that has happened to you. A couple of years ago I made out a power of attorney doc. and gave a copy to the person I want and trust to take care of things if something happens to me. We never know when or what will happen.
Welcome back.

That's a good idea. I never expected my son to do that to me.

Ayatollahgondola
03-09-2010, 09:09 AM
sorry to hear about your misfortune,

I don't think you should fault yourself for having been placed in an unsuitable position by your family. what else is a person to do?

REWHBLCAIN
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Holy $hit! Glad your getting your health back my friend.

Jeanfromfillmore
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. And so often it is your own family that disappoint you. Keep your chin up, and remember you create your own happiness, they can't take your ability to do that. Every time you feel a reason to smile, you created that feeling. Smile on little lady, and keep in touch.

ilbegone
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your illness and the other misfortune which accompanied it.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

Star
03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey, was surprised to see you on the board Jinx. Sorry about your medical mishap and always WORSE (betrayal of children or other close family).

You will be in my prayers for complete recovery. Your cat avatar I always liked and IS now how I remember you. SC... are you in SoCal, I remember you being in OC ?

Get well friend!!
Star