PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Newsom has dropped out of the race for Calif.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Breaking News from ABC7 Eyewitness News

Friday, October 30, 2009
San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom has dropped out of the race for Calif. governor, clearing the Democratic field except for Attorney General Jerry Brown. In a statement, Newsom says "I have found it impossible to commit the time required to complete this effort the way it needs to - and should be - done."

Rim05
10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I am glad he dropped out. They were saying he is double digets behind Jerry Brown. Then they say some other Dems who may join the race are DiFi, Jane Harman or Loretta Sanchez. What a choice. :)

PochoPatriot
10-31-2009, 10:50 AM
I am glad he dropped out. They were saying he is double digets behind Jerry Brown. Then they say some other Dems who may join the race are DiFi, Jane Harman or Loretta Sanchez. What a choice. :)

It would only be a choice if I was even remotely considering voting for a Dem.

Kathy63
10-31-2009, 03:25 PM
It's time to resurrect the old slogan If it's brown - flush it.

Jerry Brown, as attorney general took it upon himself to decline to support the state's laws during the Prop 8 controversy. It's not up to him to decide which laws he will and will not support. He's the attorney general. He's supposed to defend the state no matter HOW he feels about it.

Jeanfromfillmore
10-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Why do we seem to always get the leftovers? Probably because they're getting some sort of payback for dirty deeds done for others that want to keep those perks coming even larger.