PDA

View Full Version : Progressives Are Targeting Your Kids

Jeanfromfillmore
02-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Progressives Are Targeting Your Kids
Friday, February 12, 2010
I feel like I'm becoming my grandfather: You kids today! You just don't get it. We used to sleep on razor-wire beds and eat nails for breakfast. And we liked it!
Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy, but kids are stupid. I mean, we've all been there. Come on, think of yourself when you were eighteen. You would have joined the Save Tibet club if you knew it would help score chicks.
You didn't care. You just went along with the group. Lenin had a phrase for people like these: useful idiots.
One of those idiots seems to be Meghan McCain. She's John McCain's like, totally awesome, like, daughter. And she was, like, so waxing poets about ideas or idealogians or U.S. Americans or something, on "The View." It was wicked awesome.
Here she is talking about the Tea Party movement:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
MEGHAN MCCAIN: It's innate racism. And I think it's why young people are turned off by this movement. And I'm sorry revolutions start with young people… not with 65-year-old people talking about literacy tests and people who can't say the word vote in English.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
What do those stupid 65-year-olds know, anyway?
Megan is kind of right: Revolutions do usually start with the young, but only because they are targeted and used by older radicals.
It's not just Meghan McCain. There is a pattern with progressives and the youth of America.
I want to show you something from BarackObama.com — warning: Blood may actually shoot directly out of your eyes:
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It's extra important to advocate for your beliefs and your family will still love you even if they don't always agree with what you say. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I grew up in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
My family is a traditional Korean family and we're first generation.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Well, my family's not very political at all. It was always up to me and my brother explaining what was going on to my parents.
(END VIDEO CLIPS)
That should frighten every parent in America.
Why in this video from BarackObama.com, do the children have to explain things to the adults? Well, because parents just don't get it. It's not enough for the kids to disagree on something and discuss it — oh no. Mom and dad are stupid. They believe in that crazy Constitution and stuff. They're so old school. But you — in all your 10th grade wisdom — you get it. And the president says you must educate your dopey parents:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Lots of my friends' parents probably aren't going to vote because they are all really busy. So my friends and I all work really hard to get them to vote and register.
So when my cousins and I have to talk to them about why we as the future generations really need Obama as the president.
We start out easily and just start saying, oh, watch the debate. And then we'll say, well, we really think that what Obama or Biden said about energy is really important because we need to start fixing that now before it will be too late.
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It's more of like sitting down and having this, it almost feels like a parent-child conversation, except I'm the parent and they are the child.
(END VIDEO CLIPS)
It's a parent-child relationship, except the parent is the child and the child is the parent. This is incredible.
The message the president sends to families should be one of healing, building the family up; one where the child honors the mother and father. Instead, we have the president of the United States encouraging children to have a sit-down with their stupid parents and teach them a thing or two about the world. And elect Barack Obama.
Is it just me? Am I the only one that thinks turning our kids against their parents to get elected is evil?
Oh, I can hear the liberal bloggers now: Oh, Glenn. This site has his name, but the president is busy. Robert Gibbs said he has nothing to do with it.
Uh-huh. Roll tape:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: Today I'm pleased to announce the creation of Organizing for Amerca.
Volunteers, grassroots leaders and ordinary citizens will continue to drive our organization, helping us bring about the changes we proposed during the campaign.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
What responsible human being does this?
And it's not just him. Here's former Vice President Al Gore, talking to middle and high schoolers around the inauguration, when he thought the cameras were off:
(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)
FORMER VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE: There are some things about our world that you know, that older people don't know.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
See the pattern here? Those stupid older people — like mom and dad — they don't get it. Again, is it just me? Even if you agree with Al Gore, doesn't this bother you at all?
These are our children. They are being used. We are already crippling them by not teaching them the realities of life as they grow up. Instead, everyone gets a trophy. It doesn't matter if you aren't very good and never even win. It wasn't always that way. My papers were graded in red ink, not the politically correct purple that many have turned to now. I turned out fine — well, not entirely.
Being allowed to fail is a key aspect to growth. If we never experience failure growing up, how will we succeed? Oh wait, don't worry: Your kids will probably be too big to fail. But now, we don't want to hurt our kids' feelings by having winners and losers. We've got all these studies on purple pens and the stresses of our kids. We see these studies and delicately walk them through childhood, careful not to let little Johnny get a boo-boo.
People used to use common sense. Until 1838 when some Frenchy French man invented sociology. Then it became institutionalized. Did you know who one of the founding fathers of social sciences are? Surprise: Karl Marx!
Isn't learning from history fun? Especially the history that progressives erase. Hmm, erasing history — I wonder what impact that would have on society? We should ask a social scientist. Maybe we can find one at the home of the first American sociology education department at the University of Chicago. Hey, isn't that where the president used to teach about Saul Alinsky?
Fast forward to today: We have studies telling us to keep all kids equal.
Thomas Jefferson believed in a meritocracy: You were awarded positions and jobs based on merit — if you were qualified. If you deserved it. Not because you just showed up.
Progressives coddle kids. And when those kids are finally ready to enter the workforce, they aren't ready to compete, they're ready to receive.
The Wall Street Journal reported on how the trophy kids are entering the workforce: 85 percent of hiring managers said they have a stronger sense of entitlement than older workers. Without having worked a single minute as a professional, they enter the workforce arrogantly demanding higher pay, flexible work schedules, corner offices, promotions and more vacation time.
Does that sound like someone you would want to hire? Maybe it's just me and I'm becoming my grandfather, but if someone came for an interview at my company demanding those things, I'd say get the hell out of my office. In fact, I have. And maybe that's why my company is successful and why the Post Office sucks.
So not only are we crippling our children, we are using them. We have politicians and leaders going behind our backs and telling them: You're smarter! You know more than them! The world can be a better place; you just have to convince your stupid mom and dad!
There's a villain in this movie and America, it's you.
Progressives are pitting the youth of America against the old. Remember this from Time magazine? The angry 20-something who wrote he is: "Sick and tired of living in an abyss created by our elders' stupidity. Obama would be smart to focus on college towns. Step aside, grandma. We want health care and we want it now."
We want it now — you can hear the arrogance and the complete distain for the elderly. And you can hear it from Meghan McCain:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
MCCAIN: And I'm sorry, revolutions start with young people… not with 65-year-old people talking about literacy tests and people who can't say the word vote in English.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
This is from the daughter of a senator and a former presidential candidate — who is over 65 years old. How do you think her dad feels about that? Sounds like she thinks people like him are stupid.
So what's the big deal? Well, do you remember the Complete Lives system? It's from Rahm Emanuel's brother. He's a doctor who advises the White House. And he was showing what would happen if there were a shortage of medical supplies. Which, that would never happen under universal health care — no, no.
Anyway, there would have to be some tough decisions to make. Not enough medicine to go around. So who gets it? Is it that much of a stretch that in a time of crisis — when money and benefits are hard to come by — that someone like Meghan McCain would make the case that, like, you had your shot. You were 25 once. It's my turn for health care.
Remember, this isn't just some professor saying it. Now we have the president of the United States in full-fledged campaign mode and the Nobel Peace Prize-winning former vice president teaching that your children are superior to you.
This isn't going to work out so well.
Crazy? Remember the reaction of the college crowd when former Obama adviser Robert Reich brought up a similar subject? Here's how our selfless kids responded:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
ROBERT REICH: We are going to have to, if you are very old, we're not going to give you all that technology and all those drugs for the last couple of years of your life to keep you, maybe, going for another couple of months. It's too expensive. So, we're going to let you die.
(APPLAUSE)
(END VIDEO CLIP)
Maybe I am just turning into my grandfather, maybe Iam the grumpy old man. But I think Meghan McCain is right: Revolutions are started by the youth. And I think some aging '60s radical hippies know that.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585704,00.html

ilbegone
02-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm reminded of several things.

Hitler youth.

Kids who learn a little bit about a trade and then are given positions of authority - because they, with over sized heads and overextended finances will do exactly what they are told, while an older man might see folly from the suits and either circumvent the BS or tell them to pound sand.

That, except for enforced cultural boundaries (the traditional extended family unit) or individual calculated tyranny (think Stalin), life is a process of rearranging the pecking order from the old to the young. Over the last thirty or forty years, respect has generally been systematically rooted out of the kids and replaced with narcissism and familial rootlessness.

By the way, what exactly is a "progressive"?

Patriotic Army Mom
02-13-2010, 08:16 AM
My daughter and niece told me that the ASB at their school had voted to have a transgender day. But they cancelled it. This was voted on by a few students. It's a good thing that they didn't, my daughter was against it, and the troops would have rallied. To think that this was even mentioned lets me know how brain washed our children are becoming.

Twoller
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
My daughter and niece told me that the ASB at their school had voted to have a transgender day. ...

What is the "ASB"?

Transgender advocacy in high school is a genuine waking nightmare. What could be more disturbing than suggesting to some high school student that they have their geneticals cut up into some weird parody of the opposite sex? I don't get it. What could be weirder than that? And who could be scarier than some doctor who would do that?

You know what gave the whole "youth orientation" its start? The military draft into the Vietnam War. College students had draft deferment and meanwhile college was in some desperate need of change itself. But if you were thrown out or dropped out or couldn't make the grade, the draft loomed.

It did a lot to radicalize youth. They used to call it the "generation gap", but pretty basically, it was the draft. They also lowered the voting age.

Kathy63
02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
The local high school has Gay Pride Week, Transgendered day and Day of Silence. From what I hear from the parents, gays have made school miserable for the rest.

When the school calls for some sort of financial help and support I tell them why they aren't getting a dime.

Patriotic Army Mom
02-15-2010, 07:40 AM
ASB=Associated Student Body. A few kids are voted in each year. It just reminds me of how the brain has been tampered with. It was decided not to have it, but just the thought that it was even considered is sickening. Found out that some of our high schools are even having gay dances.